“Perfect Day Out”

Stravaigin Scotland
Ranked #12 of 83 Tours in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scotland's best day trips! Customized Private Guided Tours of Scotland. Whisky Tours, Sight Seeing, Golf Outings, & Relaxing Spa Days. We will create a tailored itinerary especially for you...! From Edinburgh & Glasgow and direct from your hotel.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ian was recommended to us, the day trip was easy to organise, with just a few emails back and forth to get a taste of what we wanted. Ian picked us up in Edinburgh and we made our way to Oban, stopping off at various points (William Wallace monument, Stirling, Feeding the Hairy Coo, Glencoe, Kilchurn Castle, Lake Lomond, Invernay........) We could stop off at any stage for coffee/tea, photos, stretch the legs...... Amazing views along our trip. Ian was a fab guide with lots of local knowledge and also a comfortable driver. I can't wait to return and visit another part of Scotland and hopefully Ian will be free to take us again. Everyone had a great day.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My parents, my husband, kids and I really wanted to do a day tour of some places outside Edinburgh, but it seemed like a big tour bus would have been a bit much for our 3 and 5 year olds (and everyone else suffering on the bus!). We were referred to Ian's Stravaigin Tours and it could not have been a more perfect find! He picked us up from various lodging locations in Edinburgh and the site seeing began immediately. He took us to feed Hamish the Highland Cow, to Rob Roy's grave, Inverness Castle, a haunted hotel for a traditional lunch and on a great walk to the Kilchurn castle ruins. He truly had something for everyone from 60 to 3 years old--including videos of the theories of the Lach Ness monster and how haggis is made. Most of the places were not accessible by big bus, so we had them to ourselves. He also gave great recommendations about other places to see and eat in Glasgow that were fantastic.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My parents were in for a visit and we decided to drive up to Scotland for a few days. We felt once getting up there the best choice would be to take a tour. After researching tours I quickly discovered that most tour companies won't take children under 4 and they are not flexible with their tours. I was referred to Ian from another private tour who was booked the day we were planning to tour. Ian had no problem taking a 2yr along with my 7 and 8 yr olds plus my parents and husband. He had a nice and comfortable Mercedes coach which had more than enough space for the 7 of us. We did a day tour to Loch Ness and he picked us up at our hotel outside Stirling but was willing to pick us up and drop us off anywhere. He had several stops planned throughout the trip and it was entirely up to us if we wanted to stop and if so how long. He even had a few things we were not familiar with that was fun for my boys. Ian was a great tour guide and I would recommend him again.

4  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My parents had flown into Scotland for my graduation and I was left to scrounge up tours that would give them a snapshot of Scotland. I'm glad for tripadvisor and Stravaigin Tours. Tripadvisor purely because it allowed me to find Stravaigin and Stravaigin tours because it led us to Iain. Words cannot express how much of a pleasure it was to have Iain show us the lush country of Scotland. Iain went above and beyond to create a scenic tour for us; I've lived in Scotland for over a year and some of these sites were so picturesque, I could've been looking at a postcard!

Iain, delivered a top quality tour. He was responsive, communicative, attentive, patient, generous and an amazing ambassador for Scotland. We booked him for our tours for 2 days. Whilst the weather in the winter is very unpredictable, Iain customized a wonderful tour for us. The first day we got to see Oban, Loch Fyne, Tarbet & Inverary. The second day the weather was downright miserable, so it was hard to go see Glencoe, Ben Nevis etc. with the road blocks and low clouds, so Iain improvised and salvaged the day. Somehow, upon realizing my parents love Waterfalls, Iain got us to see gorgeous Falls of Dochart and Falls of Falloch. Breathtaking views and an amazing day, despite the weather. We ended the night at Drovers Inn where we enjoyed scrumptious Scottish Cuisine and laughs.

My parents loved him and the tour so much they vowed to come back again and be on a tour in the summer sometime. Scotland is an absolute gem; but the biggest gem is Iain. The Rashed + Family + Ross wholeheartedly recommend Iain and Stravaigin Tours.

2  Thank Nadia R
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were in Scotland for such a short amount of time. We had both business to take care of and had some time for pleasure. He helped us take care of our necessary business very efficiently and planned out our pleasure time exceptionally well. Our request to Ian was to show us as much of Scotland and its culture as possible in our short amount of time and he most certainly followed through with this challenge. His knowledge of the areas and the well-kept secrets were of great benefit to us. We felt like we had a completely private tour of an amazing castle as we were the only ones there for a good stretch of time, experienced the Highlands for amazing vantage points, and discovered gluten free shortbread that became favoured over the regular recipe. Flexibility, knowledge, and attention to personal interests allowed Ian to create an amazing memorable time in Scotland. Thank you, Ian!