“The rocks... Great venue”
Review of Emirates Arena

Emirates Arena
Ranked #73 of 338 things to do in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Went to see our first basketball pro game tonight.. Brilliant entertainment for all ages. The venue and staff were all great. Very impressed and will be great next year for the common wealth.

2  Thank Josephine407
"rugby"
"scotland"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Visited this amazing new building for the UCI championships in August. What a fantastic purpose built arena with very good access for both able and disabled . Food plentiful and varied and not a bad seat in the house. If you fancy a shot bike hire and expert tuition readily available. Not for the faint hearted though ,ramps very steep and scary:-) :-) .well worth a visit if your in Glasgow

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I booked a Spa Day Package for myself and my Mum for her 50th Birthday in the Refresh Spa and I was so impressed by the full experience(I work in a Spa myself).

The facilities (vitality pool, sauna, steam etc) are beautiful and modern and extremley clean. We had the place to ourselves which was a bonus.

We both had a facial, a full body massage and a coconut wrap which lasted approx two hours and I can confidently say they were the best treatments we've ever had.

The staff are lovely, such a shame they are not allowed to accept tips and they really did deserve it!!!

If you are looking to book a Spa Day I would highly recommend this Spa its an absolute hidden gem and worth a visit.

7  Thank jadealexis
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The arena has brightened up the east end significantly and seems to have brought a lot more "traffic" through.
Both the athletics arena and the velodrome look outstanding.
Thankfully the Dalmarnock train station at the end of the road has opened up so getting to-and-from the area is quite easy.

I think Fionapink's notes about accessibility into the velodrome are rather unfair.
As a staff member for an equally big complex, I sympathise that the public aren't allowed to just go and "wander" around. It's not a completely open building.
Perhaps she'd be better off trying to arrange a tour next time, rather than risking the building and Glasgow Life getting into bother if something accidental was to happen to her for "sneaking" around.

I'm a dedicated customer to the building so I'm glad this ignorant woman won't be showing her face.

FYI, you don't need to wait til after the Commonwealth Games. The Velodrome has been bookable for classes since it opened last year :)

2  Thank Shaun B
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

As keen cyclists we decided to visit the Velodrome which is close to where we live. We booked in to use the spa facilities. Upon arrival we asked at the spa reception if we could go in and see the Veladrome, to which we were told we could go and see it through a window!? A little annoyed by this we decided to just go in and use the spa. We were impressed by the facilities offered in the spa and had a relaxing 2 hours. As we were leaving we sneaked into the Veledrome which was pretty quiet but exciting to see! We were annoyed that as keen cyclists, local to the facility, we were not encouraged to go in and take a look around, after all, once the commonwealth games has passed, we may be potential customers!! Not impressed by the lack of encouragement to use/see this facility and will probably not go back.