“Burnside Italian Ristotante and Pizzeria”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Bella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #659 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Burnside Italian Ristotante and Pizzeria”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

At 1715 hours,on wednesday the 19th of december 2012,we visited the above ristorante,were very disappointed in the experience.
We consisted of two abled persons,two blind persons,and a lady with a walking problem,all of a mature stature,with good appetites.
The starter we had was cocktale de gamberetti,which had very little sauce,and only a few prawns,on a bed of lettuce.The main meals Pollo ai Funghi was small,in portion with the chicken,on the bone.The others had Lombata di Manzo,they were small,and had not been cooked to the request of the customer.The cheese cake was not very tastless,the tiramisu did not have much body.
The decor is pleasant,and the toilets immaculate,and clean.
These complaints,were pointed out ,when asked by the manager,who said i hope you get a better meal next time you visit.We were given no sympathyand indicated we would not be back.
Food and drink are expensive,and some of the attatude of the staff was brisk,and abrupt

3 Thank Joyce B

Scotland, UK
“Lovely neighbourhood Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My husband and I went for lunch without booking. The restaurant was busy but service was faultless. The food (three courses from the set menu) was very good - my husband raved about his seafood spaghetti. I was slightly disappointed with the tiramisu, which was mostly cream. The only other negative I can think of was the acoustics aren't great so, as it was busy and noisy, we found it very hard to hear each other. But we were impressed and will definitely be back.

1 Thank pistou65
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
“Got a chance and blew it!”
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Gave this place a chance as it just opened! We made a reservation and we got seated but waited ages for drinks and even longer for the food. Service was absolutely shocking including drinks order wrong twice (after sitting for 35 mins without even being offered a drink) and then the drinks arriving warm.
Food decent enough but with service so bad decent food isn't enough! One waiter even said "they haven't put enough staff on" but no apology was offered or discount on the bill.
As we were in a rush we had to walk to the counter for the bill then walk back up to pay for it.

Ciao Bella are far off the mark here and need to address their service standards as a matter of priority.

3 Thank Nairn M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great new restaurant”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This lovely new Italian restaurant has just opened in Burnside. The decor is lovely, menu great and just what the area needed..

2 Thank holidays_yippee_12
Glasgow
“Italy comes to the south side”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Ciao Bella Italian restaurant has recently opened in Burnside and I went along with friends for Sunday lunch.

First impressions count and we were not disappointed! This little gem is beautifully presented, with great interior design and shiny glasses and table settings that would not look out of place in the city centre. The feature wall of a black and white photo of the Spanish Steps was lovely. I'm reliably informed that the toilets are immaculate!!

We had some bread and oil to nibble before we moved on to a glorious plate of pasta each. I had the carbonara, while my friends had a bolognese and a chilli prawn dish. All were very well presented and tasty.

Negatives? It's a little pricey and there were a few teething problems. The young waiting staff were polite, but clearly inexperienced. We had to call a waitress over to order our food who then said she wasn't allowed to take orders!! My friend tried to order a chicken dish but was told they had run out of chicken as they had been busy the night before.

All that said, I thought any minor issues were down to them having recently opened and I'm sure they will have them ironed out soon.

I'm already planning my next visit.

2 Thank Liz12Glasgow