“Disappointing”

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddy's BBQ & Burgers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,583 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Glasgow's favourite American-style BBQ & Burger joint, offering sit down + takeaway/delivery services to Southside and Cumbernauld.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

There has been a lot of hype about this place and as we live nearby we decided to give it a try. I had the western burger and Cajun fries. The burger was served pink and lukewarm. Personally I prefer my burgers cooked through. Apparently they always serve their burgers pink but we were not told this and it was not mentioned on the menu so I was given no option about how I would like it cooked. A lot of people don't like pink meat so I think this should be made clear on the menu. The Cajun fries were very bland, no heat at all. No one approached us during our meal to check if we were enjoying it so I couldn't let them know how I felt about it. My husband has ribs which he enjoyed and the onion rings were good. The flavour of my burger was nice but as soon as I saw how pink it was I was put off. Overall it was disappointing and I'm not sure we would go back.

There are newer reviews for Buddy's BBQ & Burgers

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Although the burgers were tasty the sides were very poor, the coleslaw was tasteless, the fries were soft and the condiments were cheap and in cheaply presented, there was no children's menu which resulted in spending £10.50 plus a drink on a very large portion if wings and fries, daughter didn't like fries so only ate the fries, other daughter ordered the sweet chilli ribs and found them spicy. Service was poor and got some of the order wrong,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I'd been curious to know if the new Buddy's restaurant had anything suitable for vegans, and wasn't really expecting it given it's focus on providing great meat burgers, however I read online by a fellow vegan of their falafel burger and cajun fries and I was delighted. They have a veggie burger *actually* marked as vegan on the menu, this is SO helpful! The burger is quite filling and it was delicious (also, great that they have vegan buns - not that hard to find but seemingly is for other places!). Their cajun fries and garlic fries were delicious and of generous size, which is always good. West beer is one of my favourite brands and I enjoyed one with my dinner tonight. The customer service was also excellent, and I didn't feel like I was waiting too long for food at all. They have very varied drink and dessert menu; my mouth was watering at the milkshakes and it would be great if they offered soya milkshake options in the future on request. I'll be back!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

First visit to Buddys was a very good. Enjoyed the BBQ Bacon burger with the Cheese Chilli Chips and Pulled Pork Nachos. The Burger was great with the only downside being that the bacon was rock solid crispy, but for me the highlight of the meal was the Chilli Cheese Chips and The Pulled Pork Nachos. The Chilli cheese chips was literally chilli con carne covered in cheese over chips which was fantastic. The Pulled Pork Nachos were also amazing with the Pulled Pork being some of the best I've tried. The biggest downfalls of the place were the decor of the place does seem very bare as though the place is still under renovation and the coca cola which I had was very very watered down to the point of it not being enjoyable. Overall fantastic place for a meal and would recommend.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had food with a friend on a Sunday afternoon and we both agreed we would go back. Burgers are between £6 and £10 for the larger burger. Very tasty, the burger patty is a bit on the thin side but not to bad, once we ordered we waited about 20-25 minutes for our food, it was very busy with every seat taken so that was fair enough. Good atmosphere and a good selection of beers. If you are feeling very hungry and order the west burger I would order an extra burger patty which is an option. The chips which come in several different flavours are served in generous portions, I would say one portion would suffice for two quite easily.