“Great Munch”

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddy's BBQ & Burgers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,634 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Glasgow's favourite American-style BBQ & Burger joint, offering sit down + takeaway/delivery services to Southside and Cumbernauld.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Munch”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Having decided to start my very own Burger tour i had decided to review several places over the past two weeks, i managed 5 places over 9 days and left buddys Second to last.

The Branding is spot on and you can not fault whoever was the one to create their interior etc had a good feel to it, not quite "traditionally American bbq style" but none the less, still pretty good.

I ordered a cheeseburger, garlic fries and a juice. The Juice was somewhat warm, and wen my cheeseburger finally arrived after what felt like a lengthy wait (35 minutes) it was great tasting but a cheeseburger in all... The fries were great and i love the garlic taste through them....I would say that the service was lacking but i wasn't there to make friends i was there to try a burger!!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Scotty T

“Poor ”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Made my first visit to buddys this evening.
Was seated very quickly but the waiter looked at the seat and as I went to sit noticed it was wet.

Our waitress was so poor and untrained asked her specials and said a 10 inch steak! She didn't even come to ask how the food was.

The garlic fries are ok to start but eventually becoming sickening as they use garlic powder..
Mac and cheese the flour hadn't been cooked out the roux properly at all.

Onion rings you could taste the grease from frying.

Burgers tho where nice but a tiny tiny paty.

Also no customer wants to see 5 waiters all hanging around next to the bathrooms and others on mobile phones.

Wait to get the bill was a joke.

Manager and Co need trained staff and professional people not any tom dick n harry.

“Buddy's Burger Belters!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

First time in the new diner, had the takeaway food a gd few times before. Group of 4 lads on a busy Saturday night, knew the script with waiting times so didn't bother us much having to wait 30mins for a table. Had a few pints of the tasty Heverlee while we waited. Supervisor chap came over and directed one of the female staff to show us to the table. Selection of food is impressive, something for everyone's taste. We opted for 3 Duke burgers which is the Western Burger doubled up with pulled pork on top, 4th man tried the garlic chilli and honey chicken wings. All had a portion of Cajun Fries and some Buddy's Slaw as well. Food was brilliant lived up to the reputation it's built from the small takeaway in shawlands. Burger, bun and all the fillings wer superb. The size of the wings are enormous!! Tasted fantastic to boot!
Overall great food and beers. Some folk might be put off by the wait but didn't bother us too much. Excellent experience, will be back again soon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I won't be back so soon”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Okay so today my dad, mum, younger sister and I went to Buddy's for our dinner. My parents had been before with friends so what i am about to write was not as much of a problem for them.

1.Luckily we came just before the main rush and were sat a table pretty quickly.

2. When we sat down- my dad went out to park the car, so they asked us for drinks, but we waited for my dad and said if they could come when he came. Even though staff had saw my dad walk in and sit down they then took forever to ask us about drinks.

3. After waiting for our drinks to arrive we then waited even longer for someone to take our food order. I was already quite annoyed as i have never been so "Invisible" in a restaurant before.

4. We waited over 45 mins for our food to come. I wouldn't have minded so much if i could hear my parents talk, it was almost impossible to hear anyone in my family speak, there was music which was pretty loud, and all the other customers talked really loud which really did get annoying- but i guess the restaurant can't stop loud people.

5. Once we got our food, being 12 i was super hungry (had not eaten anything since breakfast) it was like they tried to starve me so i would eat all my burger?!? I don't know but when my (9 1/2 y.o) sister had saw what looked like our order it went in completely different directions from our table. Finally the waiter found us, but give him his due he did apologise.

6. The positive things:
.When the waiter was putting down our food he spilt my sisters drink everywhere, but soon gave her a new, fresh glass with another fresh can, and cleaned it up as much as he could.
. The burgers were quite tasty, I had the Piri Piri Chicken Burger but definitely not worth the wait.

I can't say i would recommend Buddy's, as service was pretty poor, and i did notice a barmaid was giving me dirty looks on my way out, this did make me a bit uncomfortable. Like i said if you don't mind waiting more than 45 mins for food then go ahead be my guest and go to Buddy's. In all honesty i should have gone to the take out a few doors down, as i hope they would be a lot quicker.

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow
“Has gone downhill and Fast”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

what can I say so much has changed since I last visited this place, the food was OK but not the outstanding fare Buddys was always renowned for.
Service, was exceptionally slow bearing in mind we were seating almost immediately we then waited almost 1 hour for our mains to be delivered, sorry this wasn't good enough the restaurant wasn't busy.
the Ambiance was terrible, music in the place was so loud we couldn't have a conversation, it was so bad that once we ate our mains we never ordered deserts nor did we order any additional drinks I just could wait to get out of the place, and yes I did ask them to turn down the god awful 1950's rockabilly tunes

Overall based on this experience I wouldn't return nor could I recommend it to others when there are so many more doing the same thing so much better these days.

• Visited May 2014