“DO NOT EAT HERE.TERRIBLE SERVICE. PRE-THEATRE IS A SCAM”

Loon Fung Restaurant
Ranked #660 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$4 - US$49
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Loon Fung Restaurant is the first traditional Chinese restaurant to open in Scotland,established since 1971. Throughout the years,we have improved and added new dishes constantly: this makes the restaurant so famous both to Chinese and Scottish customers. Our specialties include traditional Cantonese dishes; hand made Dim Sum and Lobsters. Out of them all our most famous dishes are,Charcoal Grilled Barbecued Duck,hand made Ho-fan(rice pasta) and Chon-fan(rice wraps),our customers travel from all over the country and cannot get enough. Our large dinnin room(max 168 Seats) with beautiful Chinese vintage decration. Free WiFi, Sports and News showing on larger projecter screen and few HD TV. All of our staffs are very warm welcome everyone to dinning, party or celebration in Loon Fung.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I had the WORST experience at the Loon Fung yesterday. Waited over 45 minutes between our starter and main and had to ask three separate times for it to actually come. Then when it did, my meal consisted of a plate of bean sprouts with TWO pieces of tofu. When I complained to the waiter he informed me that that was actually carefully calculated by the chefs and there was nothing he could do. Later, the manager told me that I should have raised the matter to a waiter earlier(I had!) so she couldn't help me. And finally when I suggested I wanted compensation for a truly awful meal and experience I got told "Well, you ate it." I've never been more let down. I was a regular customer and was treating a friend but after some appalling and embarrassing service, safe to say I won't be returning.

1  Thank MeganC6

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Well, is good! We ate dim sum and I can thoroughly concur with my hot date that the lo bak go was simply wonderful. Dim sum is generally good value anyhow, but a decent meal for two with Chinese tea will set you back around £20. Stuffed? Certainly!
My only criticism is that the TOILETS WERE DIRTY! Not just overnight dirty, but months dirty. Come on get it sorted. The food and service are a good 4/5 and this just lets you down. :/

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We had a late night Chinese meal here. Very good. Food fresh and very tasty. Cost good too. Service great and would highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This restaurant is hidden amongst all the shops and restaurants in Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow.
It appears to share a street entrance with a travel agents, but once inside it is very big and the decor is really nice.
It appears to cater (very well) to the Chinese or asian community as the menus are in Chinese as well as English.
There is a vast array of authentic food to choose from, not just the usual limited amount of Chinese-style food that you get in many 'Chinese' or 'Cantonese' restaurants.
This was my second visit to this restaurant and I wasn't disappointed. The food was superb.
We went for the lunchtime set dim sum menu and a couple of a la carte dishes from the main menu to give us an array of food to share.

All of the food was excellent.

We asked the waiter some advice about what to order, he gave us some recommendations and he talked us through the food when he brought it to us.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Don't be put off by the outside look of the place. It is beautifully decorated inside.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Loon Fung was as good as ever. well decorated and comfortable. food just great and friendly staff. would go back in an instant