“fantastic food, but service a wee bit slow”

Loon Fung Restaurant
Ranked #660 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$4 - US$49
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Loon Fung Restaurant is the first traditional Chinese restaurant to open in Scotland,established since 1971. Throughout the years,we have improved and added new dishes constantly: this makes the restaurant so famous both to Chinese and Scottish customers. Our specialties include traditional Cantonese dishes; hand made Dim Sum and Lobsters. Out of them all our most famous dishes are,Charcoal Grilled Barbecued Duck,hand made Ho-fan(rice pasta) and Chon-fan(rice wraps),our customers travel from all over the country and cannot get enough. Our large dinnin room(max 168 Seats) with beautiful Chinese vintage decration. Free WiFi, Sports and News showing on larger projecter screen and few HD TV. All of our staffs are very warm welcome everyone to dinning, party or celebration in Loon Fung.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went there as a family for dinner and it was great.. Really nice atmosphere and the food was great. We ordered loads of dim sum to start and then a variety of mains. We couldn't finish it all so they packed it all up for us to take home.
The service was a bit slow despite the restaurant not being particularly busy but when we did get their attention they were very pleasant staff.
Will 100% be going back.

1  Thank 869jane

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Absolutely gorgeous dim sum - perfect venue for a lunchtime dim sum session. Lots of great options and incredibly fast and fresh. Delish.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The restaurant consists of a pool of useless waiters and waitresses. They never pay attention to customer order and you can never get them to your table to refill water for your tea or for more order. I had experience whereby 2 waitresses saw me wave my hand and literally ignored me. They are older ladies who need a pair of spec. I ordered a fried noodle and I was been given noodle with mixed source. The toilet is disgusting. The thing is, the management don't really care!!!! Another time, I had a dirty spoon on my table. The manageress just swap it with the table next to it. I was shocked!!!! I annoying thing about their pricing is, they increase the price of dim sum after 5pm.

2  Thank Meteorrain
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance while looking for another in the area. The entrance is a bit dubious, but once inside it opens up into a large two level room.

I chose a salt and pepper chicken wing starter, and my husband pork spring rolls with sweet n sour dip. Both were delicious. I then had crispy shredded chicken with fried rice, and my husband, pork chow mein. Both delicious and so much that neither of us could finish the meals. We were asked if we wanted what was left to be boxed up.

The service was quick and friendly. We would definitely return when next in Glasgow.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Being Chinese I am very fussy on eating out and insist on authentic food(London Chinatown).

I stayed in the city centre so this is a bit of a walk but its worth it, had a lunch special and the dim sum the following day.

1  Thank Tangosteps