“Brilliant Find in City Centre.”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Find in City Centre.”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stay often in Glasgow City Centre,and have stayed in many hotels there,but last weekend we found the best hotel yet,and want to share it with you.We found a very reasonable priced deal and thought we would give it a try,The brand new hotel was excellent in every way,especially the very warm welcome by the staff,one in particular named Scott who could not have been more helpful nothing was to much trouble for him and he made us feel very special guests,we were only on a voucher deal,and would not have been looked after better had we paid much more for any other expensive hotel.The bedroom was very nice,a big comfy bed,nice big shower room with toiletries,and best of all the music station on the plasma tv.There is a very nice cosy lounge bar with comfy seats,everything spotless clean and brand new as the Park Inn has only been open a few weeks.The breakfast in the morning was very good,plenty to choose from,with nice friendly staff on hand to help in anyway.We shall most certainly be using this hotel again on our next visit to Glasgow as its position is excellent,very close to Glasgow Central station,yet far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise from the station.

• Stayed May 2013
Alistair C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear AliceCorbett,
WOW! - what a fantastic review - Thank you! - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. As I have said previously a Hotel is only a building full of rooms unless you have a culture within where the focus is firmly ensuring 100% guest comfort and satisafction. Scott is an incredible ambassador and I have had many comments about his positive "Yes I Can" attitide. He is indeed like many of the crew an intergral part of our team and I am extremely proud to be working with every one of them. I am also glad you liked our bar area, its ideal for chilling out after a tough day at the shops! Thanks again for your review, I hope it wont be too long before you visit us again,
Alistair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed at the hotel for the weekend. It was within good walking distance from the train station and the main shops which was handy for us. We first chose a superior room but found out they did not have baths (Not a major problem) but as we were travelling straight after work, I wanted to have a chilled night on the first night which a bath was included. I emailed reception and got a reply straight away, the process was quick and easy, they even added the superior extras into our standard room! Self check in was easy, there was a member of staff who greeted us very professionally and talked us through the self service check in. The bed is massive and extremely comfy, could have slept the whole weekend! The only down points to the hotel were
- breakfast.
- hot water.
Breakfast had a good variety of choice but by the time I was sat down, my breakfast was cold. I was unable to have an egg as they had obviously been sitting for too long and by the time I was down for breakfast, too over cooked.

As mentioned in previous reviews, Hot water was an issue. It took us a few times filling up the bath tub to even get the water to a reasonable hot temperature. The shower head was a good enough temperature to use alone for a quick shower which was fine.

Other than them issues, We had a wonderful weekend away, staying at the new hotel. A simple phone to reception and straight away they were at your room door with what we needed! The staff always made sure that everything was okay and always greeted you as you entered and left the hotel, they are a great asset to the hotel and make it even better than it already is. After switching from a superior room to a standard room, I am very intrigued to find out what a superior room is like as the standard room was extremely spacious and a very high standard! I would definitely recommend this hotel & will be staying here again in the future!

Thankyou for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you was a quiet room, hidden away! Level five is definitely the place to get a room, excellentttt
Dear JW2096,
Thanks you for your review and I am delighted both you and your BF had a great stay. We did have some teething issues with water temperature soon after opening however this has now been resolved, apologies though for the lukewarm bath :( - We will also be keeping a close eye on breakfast. We have 91 rooms all with differing layouts, we will just have to entice you back soon to show you all the variations :) - As you mentioned our rooms on the 5th floor are a wee bit special, with high windows and ballustrade views and are the only rooms with baths! Come and visit us again soon and we will be happy to show you the other room types available,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed one night 10th May with a voucher offer. Staff exceptional and room minimalist and really lovely. Great food including breakfast. Had dinner across the road at Sarti's without doubt Glasgow's finest Italian! Will be back to hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We upgraded our room and was really worthwhile, included lovely fruit platter with chocolate dip!
Dear Patsyg21,
Thank you for your review! I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and further enjoyed the additional amenities within the superior upgrade. Theres nothing quite beats choc dipped fruit! We are so well situated for all the shops and indeed bars and restaurants and I am glad you found your favorite on the doorstep (....dont tell Toni Macaronis though!!!). Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and thanks again for your review,
Scotland
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a groupon deal for 1 night. The package included a platter and glass of prosecco as well as breakfast. Check in is meant to be self service, and on arrival you are asked to do this. I was unsuccessful as there were problems with the machine issuing room key cards. Despite this the receptionist was on hand to help and got us checked in. The staff are a real asset to the hotel, and nothing is too much trouble for them. I noted another reviewer commented that the bar area was cold, I would agree with this, but it isn't unbearable. We had some lunch, and whilst it was ok, there are better places to eat in/around the area. The hotel is a bit like a maze, but this adds to the character, it is part of a listed building, so they had to work around the layout they had. Our room was small, but it had everything we needed, was well laid out and most importantly the bed was comfy. We had a room at the back of the hotel, so we didn't hear any noise, but also had no view as a result. We went down late for breakfast on the Sunday, and there was a wide selection on offer, all well Presented and cooed well too. Unfortunately a few items had run out and people were waiting for eggs and beans! When they arrived the waiter went around every table offering to serve these to the guests. A great touch. On check out, the manager did mix up our bill, but again quickly rectified this and was very apologetic. The hotel is new and it smells new, but this is in a good way. I had expected this hotel to be like the premier inn, but it was so much better. There are some minor teething problems as mentioned in my review, but these had no negative impact on my stay, were dealt with quickly, with an apology and a smile. I would definitely go back & I would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine S
Dear Lorraine S,
Thank you so much for your review! - I am absoluttely delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry that our self checkin wasnt playing ball when you arrived - Ahh, the joys of modern technology! - We have had some great feedback on the self check in and I hope you will get a chance to see it in all its glory next time you stay. Thanks for your coments on our crew, we have some real stars within the team and I know how appreciative they are when they get a mention. Do let us know if you are planning another stay with us and we can allocate you a front facing room, our soundproofing is exceptionally good and there is very little noise. Thanks again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon,
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Some of the following criticisms are my personal dislikes but my overall experience in this hotel was not fantastic. Nothing drastic but it was not to my taste and i don`t go for the posh end hotels for a one or two night stay but I do like to feel at home and feel relaxed and comfortable, which i did not at this hotel. Could not fault the staff at all, more the design of the building.
It started when we checked in and I asked the young lad if the lights had gone out, but he assured me that it was to add to the ambience of the hotel.
It then took me ages to wind my way round the corridors to find my room then on rushing into the toilet, banged my hip off the sink that was far too close to the toilet.
At night after eating out, we had a drink at the bar but i started to shiver with cold as the bar was freezing so i had to go up to bed to get warm, leaving my husband in the bar.
In the morning we went for a lovely hot buffet breakfast but found it all to be cold. Reported this to the waiter and he already knew this was the case and was trying to fix it.
To give them credit, the receptionist did not charge us when I told him the food had been cold.
This hotel did not appear to be wheelchair friendly but I may be wrong as i only saw the flight of stairs up to the front door. The staff were all very friendly, can`t fault any of them.

Room Tip: The room we were given was on the corner of two very busy roads in Glasgow city centre and very nois...
Dear Fionatravelstheworld,
Thank you for your review. I,m really sorry that you found it cold in the bar area during your recent stay, to be honest we are just getting to grips now with all the new systems throughout the Hotel and I am confident we have got this remedied. This also goes for the issue you had with breakfast. I do apologise though for the inconvenience and disappointment this caused you. With regards to your observation on wheelchair access we do indeed have assisted access on West George Lane. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback and I am only sorry our Hotel wasnt to your personal taste on this occasion,
Thanks again and Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel on Saturday 4th May 2013. I purchased a deal online which included a glass of prosecco each and a sharing platter which was outstanding and which my friend and I both enjoyed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and i loved the free lollypop touch.

The room was small but very well laid out. I have purchased another deal which I will be using in July and will request a larger twin room if possible nearer the time.

My only gripe would mirror a previous comment and that would be breakfast. There was plenty to choice from however the cooked choice was lukewarm. I did give feedback at the time and was happy that this will be addressed in due course.

I'm so looking forward to coming back.

Overall it's been a great stay and would have no hesitations in recommending the Park Inn to my friends and family.

Keep up the good work guys.

Room Tip: I believe that there are bigger twin rooms so ask on arrival if possible. I'm sure they would h...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Helga The Hormone,
Thanks for your great review - I am delighted that both you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. As I have mentioned previously the Platter and Prosecco offer has had incredible uptake and we were shocked at how quickly we sold out of the offer - 500 rooms booked in less than 1 day! I am so glad you found the crew friendly and helpful, they are a great bunch if I say so myself! Now for the lollypops!! - I am now fully qualified in confirming that red ones are the favourites and yellow ones not so much! - weve gone through hundreds! I see you are coming back again in July, do give us a call and we will be happy to allocate you a preferred room type if available. Sorry about your issue with breakfast, we are on top of it and I hope you will see a difference on your next stay. Thanks again for your review!
Forfar, Scotland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed over the bank holiday weekend through a voucher deal and loved every minute. Checking in was very easy and pleasant. The staff at the hotel are very polite and helpful. They made our stay, always acknowledging you and having time to pass the time of day. Nothing was too much bother.

We had a platter and prosseco included in our deal which was beautifully served and very enjoyable.

The room is was very nice, larger than usual and had everything you need. Although some noise from street level (what you would expect from a city) it didn’t disrupt our stay.

Breakfast was very well presented and the choice was very good, cereals, fresh fruit salad, cheeses, cold meats, rolls, bread, full cooked options including sausages, bacon, black pudding, haggis pudding, eggs, beans, hash browns, mushrooms, a superb choice and it was always being topped up.

The location was a real bonus, you’re right on the edge of all the major shops and restaurants.

We also took advantage of the hotels link with the Oswald Street car park (£14 for Sat and Sun in Glasgow, excellent value). It’s approximately a 10 minute walk from the hotel and very secure.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who’s looking to have a short break in the centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mitch59, Thanks for your fantastic review! - Our Ittison offer was a HUGE success and the uptake and positive feedback has simply been overwhelming! - I am incredibly proud of all the crew at the Hotel and I know how committed they are in ensuring everyone has a great stay. We have 91 rooms of different shapes and sizes which undoubtedly adds to the character of living within a listed building in the centre of town and I am delighted you were pleased with your room on this occasion. Parking in any city can be stressfull and indeed expensive and I am glad that our discounted rates didnt break the bank! - I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and thanks again for your review,