“New Hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We booked an overnight stay in this new hotel in Glasgow using a voucher so apart from the radison name we knew nothing about it.
we arrived on a Friday evening and were welcomed by a friendly young wman on reception and quickly allocated a room on the top floor.
Unfortunately the room though very spacious only had what I would describe as velux type windows about 5' above ground level.
We went to reception to enquire if we could be changed and were delighted when we were told that would not be a problem and would we require assistance in moving our cases.
The second room was again spacious modern design very smart.
Part of the deal was a sharing platter which was served in the bar. it was excellent and after a couple of drinks we retired to a very comfortable nights sleep.
Morning revealed a self service breakfast which was again excellent with ample amounts of whatever you could wish for.
In conclusion we would thank the young lady on reception with glasses who was first class at her job and very proffesional. Unfortunately we did not get her name.
Very much on the visit again list.
Down side no on site parking and in the middle of the bus lane area.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor apart from that all are quiet
3  Thank john a

Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is a brand new property (well, several weeks old) great fit out (fire doors can be noisy) and refurb of an old building. Brilliant location, easy to walk from Central or Queen st station in just a few minutes. Bright modern rooms, great mattress, very clean. Rooms are big, great tv with dozens of channels, free wi-fi. the blinds on my room where slighly small and the room was not dark, be aware that as an old building some rooms have an access door off the main corridor and then their own room door off a loobby, doors are noisy when closed. Breakfast was very good, nothing too fancy, well prepared. All in all a better experience than the Hilton. Bear in mind that this is a city centre hotel and the location can be noisy. Great value, staff are energised, helpful and very courteous, the competition should watch out, the Park inn is going to take your business, it's won ours......

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert_Burns_London
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked this hotel, thinking it was the Radisson Blu in error but was not disappointed. Only a short walk up Hope Street to find this modern, clean and comfortable hotel at a very good cost. Staff were welcoming and friendly and most helpful. It's closer to the shopping area of town if thats what you are looking for and surrounded by restaurants, pubs and clubs. Room was comfortable, modern with enough room for 2 and included everything you need for a weekend break. I would recommend and definately book again. Great value for money.

3  Thank Jockette67
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I am slightly surprised that most of the reviews here are so positive. This place is not terrible. But it's only been open a few weeks, and there are significant teething troubles. Given the central location and Glasgow's reputation for noisy Friday nights, I asked for a quiet room. I was there to work and had to be up early to catch a train. I was given a room facing the interior courtyard, which was dark but obviously didn't have street noise. But I still slept very badly: other guests were passing through the fire doors until late at night to get to their rooms, and each time these close, they bang, loudly. The bathroom sink produced only a trickle of water, and the bed is not up to the standard one expects from a new hotel these days. I had a late dinner - a pretty decent burger and chips - and the breakfast buffet was ok, though nothing special. The "desk" in the room was really only a shelf: too narrow to work at easily and there was no office chair. The Park Inn is not fantastically expensive for a city centre location, but it's not fantastically good, either. And as for the carpet - who chose that? Horrible!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Alistair C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you Opera-loverOxford for your review,
I am obviously very disappointed that we failed to tick all the boxes for you on this occasion. Residing in the heart of any vibrant city is likely to have its challenges in terms of noise however as many previous guests have mentioned the soundproofing here is particulary effective. I am pleased that we were able to allocate you an internal facing room at your request and I have now rectified the issue with the banging doors and apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you also for your critique on other aspects of your room, this level of feedback always provokes positive discussion and will assist in terms of any planned future developments. Thank you for staying with us on this occasion and for your comments, Regards, Alistair

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

5 minute walk from Central Station, modern brand new hotel, clean, free wifi, amazing pillows, quiet, lovely helpful staff & amazing breakfast. Just what I needed after a top night out in Glasgow & journey back to Manchester. Thanks to the General Manager & team, I hope to be back again soon. Highly recommended to both business & leisure traveller!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Private1983
Alistair C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Private1983, thanks for choosing to stay with us prior to your fun night out in Glasgow and also for your great review! I am delighted you had a comfortable stay and a hearty breakfast set you up well for your journey back to Manchester. Come and vsist us again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stay often in Glasgow City Centre,and have stayed in many hotels there,but last weekend we found the best hotel yet,and want to share it with you.We found a very reasonable priced deal and thought we would give it a try,The brand new hotel was excellent in every way,especially the very warm welcome by the staff,one in particular named Scott who could not have been more helpful nothing was to much trouble for him and he made us feel very special guests,we were only on a voucher deal,and would not have been looked after better had we paid much more for any other expensive hotel.The bedroom was very nice,a big comfy bed,nice big shower room with toiletries,and best of all the music station on the plasma tv.There is a very nice cosy lounge bar with comfy seats,everything spotless clean and brand new as the Park Inn has only been open a few weeks.The breakfast in the morning was very good,plenty to choose from,with nice friendly staff on hand to help in anyway.We shall most certainly be using this hotel again on our next visit to Glasgow as its position is excellent,very close to Glasgow Central station,yet far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise from the station.

• Stayed: May 2013
Alistair C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear AliceCorbett,
WOW! - what a fantastic review - Thank you! - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. As I have said previously a Hotel is only a building full of rooms unless you have a culture within where the focus is firmly ensuring 100% guest comfort and satisafction. Scott is an incredible ambassador and I have had many comments about his positive "Yes I Can" attitide. He is indeed like many of the crew an intergral part of our team and I am extremely proud to be working with every one of them. I am also glad you liked our bar area, its ideal for chilling out after a tough day at the shops! Thanks again for your review, I hope it wont be too long before you visit us again,

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed at the hotel for the weekend. It was within good walking distance from the train station and the main shops which was handy for us. We first chose a superior room but found out they did not have baths (Not a major problem) but as we were travelling straight after work, I wanted to have a chilled night on the first night which a bath was included. I emailed reception and got a reply straight away, the process was quick and easy, they even added the superior extras into our standard room! Self check in was easy, there was a member of staff who greeted us very professionally and talked us through the self service check in. The bed is massive and extremely comfy, could have slept the whole weekend! The only down points to the hotel were
- breakfast.
- hot water.
Breakfast had a good variety of choice but by the time I was sat down, my breakfast was cold. I was unable to have an egg as they had obviously been sitting for too long and by the time I was down for breakfast, too over cooked.

As mentioned in previous reviews, Hot water was an issue. It took us a few times filling up the bath tub to even get the water to a reasonable hot temperature. The shower head was a good enough temperature to use alone for a quick shower which was fine.

Other than them issues, We had a wonderful weekend away, staying at the new hotel. A simple phone to reception and straight away they were at your room door with what we needed! The staff always made sure that everything was okay and always greeted you as you entered and left the hotel, they are a great asset to the hotel and make it even better than it already is. After switching from a superior room to a standard room, I am very intrigued to find out what a superior room is like as the standard room was extremely spacious and a very high standard! I would definitely recommend this hotel & will be staying here again in the future!

Thankyou for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you was a quiet room, hidden away! Level five is definitely the place to get a room, excellentttt

Dear JW2096,
Thanks you for your review and I am delighted both you and your BF had a great stay. We did have some teething issues with water temperature soon after opening however this has now been resolved, apologies though for the lukewarm bath :( - We will also be keeping a close eye on breakfast. We have 91 rooms all with differing layouts, we will just have to entice you back soon to show you all the variations :) - As you mentioned our rooms on the 5th floor are a wee bit special, with high windows and ballustrade views and are the only rooms with baths! Come and visit us again soon and we will be happy to show you the other room types available,