“Very good Glasgow City hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2013

An itison Glasgow voucher deal, £69.00 rather than £141.00. 1 nights stay with a glass of Presecco & sharing platter of light bites. Yes it's a new hotel and can still smell the newness of the carpets, but what a great deal, well worth the money spent, BUT I don't think I'd pay the proposed price. None the less I had a great time, and someone who has worked in hospitality I could not fault the hotel or staff. The staff are young, courteous and enthusiastic, long may that continue. The room was lovely, modern, clean and very comfortable. The bar area is rather small but cosy, and the restaurant area has a contemporary feel which I love. The breakfast in the morning was lovely, I do like when Scottish hotels serve haggis as a choice in their breakfasts. Definitely worth a visit and I'd definitely stay again, for those thinking of staying at this hotel, you won't be disappointed :-)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cabey73

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed on an ITISON deal to sample this new hotel. Could not fault the service everyone was very helpful. As you would expect with a newish hotel everything was still fresh and clean and this is in a great location. Although in the middle of a few noisy pubs did not hear a thing on a busy Friday night would certainly use again on trips to Glasgow.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the corner rooms with two entrances from a shared hallway as noisy neighbours could dis...
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Should firstly say that we stayed on a better than 50% off Itison voucher, so that will be reflected in the 'value for money' rating.

This is a nice, modern hotel, in a very central location, five minutes from Queen Street Station and about the same from Central. Could have been very noisy due to the city centre location, but the triple glazing cancelled out most of the noise. And the air conditioning got a good work out due to the very un-Scottish hot weather! When we checked out another guest was complaining about the fact that the windows couldn't be opened, but we found the air conditioning to be very effective.

Our standard room was a decent size. And the bed was very comfy. The shower room was OK - except for the inexplicable lack of towel rails (perhaps because they would have spoiled the aesthetic of the room?!). And the shower was nothing to write home about - but I find that showers even in the most expensive hotels are usually rubbish.

Can't fault the service or the helpfulness of the staff, but this may have been partly been because we stayed a Sunday and Monday night and there were very few other guests around. And they were probably a bit too friendly for us - but that's cos we're miserable old beggars and don't really want to talk to anyone when we're on hols!

Another big positive - I had to cancel our initial booking at very short notice and they were good enough to let me book an alternative two nights (they didn't have to do that under the terms of the deal).

A couple of additional, very slight, niggles. With it being a VERY new hotel, there was a lingering paint smell in the room. I'm sure that will wear off in time. Oh, and I think this may have been the first time I've ever had to make my own tea as part of a hotel breakfast, but the very flash coffee machine made up for that!

All in all - depending on the price - I would happily stay here again.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Hotel is new and so everything is very fresh including the staff who you couldn't fault for friendliness. We had a sharing platter and a Cold glass of prosecco after check in which was very nice. The room was very nice clean and comfortable. My only complaint was breakfast in the morning 2 waitresses were sharing "I'm here to help!!"..whilst tables were waiting to be relaid and emptied for guests ....we didn't have cutlery, napkins or milk on the table?Neither did most of the guest who came behind us...some were ushered into a back room, which were set with cutlery and napkins....but no milk!!?? Meanwhile the young waiter was run off his feet!! 3 of the 8 hot breakfast selection were missing....Black Pudding, Bacon and Tattie scones....yes 3 vital ones and we waited for 10 minutes and there still wasn't any sign so we had to have breakfast without them....and I would rate them 3 important ingredients to a "Full Scottish Breakfast!"...One of the girls said ..."We're waiting on tattie scones!!"...and the rest...aren't we waiting on them too...or didn't you notice??...I was disgusted 6 guests took a table in the middle of the room..so there was no missing them .... and their bad manners!! 1 of the women went to the buffet slapped jam on a crossaint, without a plate and walked around her table eating it ....still no sign of a plate!!?? Then what looked like her sister....did the same thing...only this time with bread and butter...yes spread it on the communal buffet table and came out eating it before she reached her table....and again without a plate!!?? She kept thumping it flat on her table then taking a bite?? Couldn't take my eyes off these animals...why were they in a hotel...more distgusting was the fact they were Scottish...I would have liked them to have been foreign..I could have dealt with that mentally?? Only consolation was that they had West Coast accents.....not from the Capital City I'm glad to say!! But they should have been told to get plates, cutlery and sit and eat like normal human beings...or been evicted...Tramps!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor overlooking an alleyway, no views but whats to see in the city? It was quie...
Reviewed 16 July 2013

First stay in this hotel. Really nice hotel & fantastic room. Staff at reception were very friendy on checking in & out. Great location in the heart of the city centre. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night - friendly staff, nice comfortable room and decent breakfast the next day. Great location if you want to be close to things. We had a car with us so used the affiliated carpark which the hotel have a deal with - about a 10 min walk away. No complaints, would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the recently opened park inn on a Saturday night as part of an itison deal. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in and walked us through the bar/restaurant area and showed us the lift to our floor. The hotel is located in the very centre of town next to a couple of bars so during booking we requested a room on a high floor to try and avoid any noise. We were given a room on the 5th (top) floor. Our room (508) was very nicely appointed and was more luxurious than we had expected. Nice touches were the porthole and roof windows (see photos) which were something a bit different than your standard hotel room. The bathroom also had a touch of luxury with the walk in glass door shower (no annoying bath/shower combo here!). Bed is large and comfortable with the fluffiest pillows i have ever slept on. Breakfast was served until 11am (checkout was at 12) and had a good selection from the usual continental to a buffet style full fry up. Tea is served by the pot and coffee from a self service grinding machine. Having recently stayed at and been disappointed with the other radisson hotel (the blu) which is close by I would highly recommend the park inn which has a better location and is much better value without any visible loss of quality. There is no parking on site but the hotel does offer a discounted £7 for 24 hours rate at the Oswald street NCP parking site which is about 10 mins walk away. If staying I also highly recommend checking out the BlueDog piano bar next door. Overall a very enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2013