“Highly Recommend”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our group of 9 were in Glasgow two weeks ago and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It has been newly renovated and has a very modern updated feel. It was within easy walking distance to the Central Rail Station, sight-seeing tours, and wonderful restaurants. We enjoyed the food, the comfortable beds, and the friendly staff, especially Emily who took excellent care of us.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 85SharonL
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Hi 85SharonL,

Thank you for the excellent review!

Being in the heart of the town with excellent restaurants and bars at hand is what we all look for in a city break, and I'm glad we could deliver.

Emily is one of our newest recruits to the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow and a review like is a great start!

I hope we see you again soon.

Ross

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at Park Inn by Radisson with an itison voucher which included a sharing platter with 2 glasses of prosecco and breakfast.
We were greeted and checked in by Jonny who was fab. He was polite, friendly and made us feel very welcome. Jonny checked us in quickly and we headed up to room 514 which was enormous! A beautiful room, huge comfy bed and gorgeo bathroom. As we were meeting a friend we went straight down to the hotel bar for our sharing platter. Again we were served by Jonny, and again he was great. Our evening was spent out and we returned around midnight to a lovely sleep.
I used the gym in the morning which was very small but suited my needs.
We had breakfast in the hotel and were served by a young girl who didn't seem to know what she was doing. There was no cutlery on any of the tables and when we asked for some it took a while to get it and she forgot my knife!
All in all I would stay here again, especially if there was a good deal. I feel that the original price of £149 would be too high so wouldn't pay this. Kudos to Jonny for making our short stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Hannah0311,

Thank you for the great TripAdvisor review.

Kudos to Jonny indeed! I know he is chuffed to recieve such a positive review.

We love a surprise promotion at the Park Inn. Make sure you grab the next deal before they get snapped up!

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I will keep this short and sweet , fantastic location , fantastic staff , fantastic bed pillows to die or , breakfast the best in Glasgow thank you to all especially Scott your amazing

If your looking for 3star price but want 5 star results this if the hotel for you

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi juliacook61,

Thank you for the amazing TripAdvisor review!

We pride ourselves on having an excellent breakfast on offer and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Scott is a valued member of the team who has been with the hotel from its inception. I know he will be beaming with pride after reading this review!

I hope when your next in Glasgow we will see you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

A great hotel for access to Glasgow city. The rooms, food and facilities are excellent as is the location. What really ices the cake is the staff. They were very friendly and gave a first class service. I have used many hotels both UK and abroad but this had a real "home" feel to it.
Well done folks. I will use this hotel for all future stays in Glasgow and recommend it to others.
A well deserved 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi DaveC1955,

WOW!

Striving to provide excellent customer service is always our goal at the hotel and it's fantastic to hear we are achieving this!

Thank you for the kind review and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Where to begin....? My wife & I spent 2 nights here with dinner included on the first evening & breakfast both mornings. Once the waitress eventually established that we were hotel guests (she didn't ask & gave us the "walk in" menu) the dinner was reasonably cooked/presented but with little choice available. The starters were basic & how a chef could choose a chicken & mayo sandwich with some dressed salad as an option is quite beyond me, unless the lunchtime crowd was less than he/she expected! The mains were basically a fish supper, a burger & fries, a curry & a veggie option, really quite uninspiring. The breakfast the following morning was quite possibly the worst culinary experience I have ever had. Little or no hot food for 20 minutes until some items were sent up in the dumb waiter. It must have been quite a journey as the "fresh" bacon managed to be rock hard at the edges from being under a hot light but cold at the same time.There was the residue of some fried eggs, mushrooms, potato scones among others that were never replenished in my hour in the dining room. The young waitress was very apologetic, but my lasting impression was that there was little organization to the whole process. Breakfast next day was a little better once the 2 "fancy dan" coffee machines were back online but really nothing to write home about. Our room was lovely, clean & reasonably quiet considering it overlooked a busy city centre street but the sound on the TV didn't work during our stay tho there were various attempts to fix this & the problem seemed to be throughout the hotel. We were compensated with a bottle of champagne tho, so not all bad! There were a couple of other instances where things were a bit unprofessional tho all the staff were very nice but I think I've said more than enough here. Overall if it's possible to book "room only" that's the way I would go.

Room Tip: Probably choose a fairly high floor tho we were on the 2nd at it wasn't that noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Girojim,

Thank you for the TripAdvisor review.

I'm sorry we let you down at times in the Restaurant. This is not the usual standard we provide within the hotel and it's reassuring to know the staff did everything they could to resolve this issue.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the room. We have made sure our rooms are properly insulated from what can be a noisy Glasgow city centre!

I hope we see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed on the 3rd July with my girlfriend. We arrived early, around 12PM to drop off our luggage. We knew the check in time was later, but the hotel had gotten to us when we made our booking and told us we could leave our luggage until the room was ready. We didn't have to leave our luggage as the room was ready, so we got in at 12. Room was huge, lots of space and a massive bed, we we're on the top floor as well which I preferred, as I was worried about noise at night. We didn't hear a thing all night though.

Guy on reception when we came in was brilliant, got us straight in, no messing about, and showed us to the lift.

Basic stay, no frills, but no hassle either, will go back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi yourherodamon,

Thank you for the fantastic TripAdivsor review!

An early check-in is always a nice bonus when you have bags to carry around.

I hope when your next in Glasgow we will see you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

A very nice, clean and well presented new hotel in the centre of the city. Our visit started with a great welcome from the staff and a speedy checkin follows.
Don't expect a great view but the room was clean, spacious and the bat room had a lovely big shower.

We booked on a opening offer so had breakfast included which was a very nice hot and continental buffet.

Parking is a bit of a walk away in one of two discounted nap car park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple