“A quality experience - faultless!”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
“A quality experience - faultless!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights over the New Year break. Having stayed at a 4+ star hotel last year in Glasgow, we wanted a similar quality hotel but closer to the City Centre. We found this hotel on trip advisor, and based on the positive reviews, it was clear that it was a popular choice among travellers. Despite this being a 3 star hotel, our experience was such that it equalled, if not exceeded the 4+ star hotel we stayed in last year in terms amenities, comfort, quality, staff attentiveness and value for money. The bar/restaurant was small but very cosy and functional. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. In addition to the amenities, one major positive about this hotel is location. It is literally 4 minutes walk from the two major railway stations and right in the heart of the city centre in a nice location surrounded by a multitude of pubs, shops and restaurants. I will definitely be back at this hotel when I next visit Glasgow. Well done to all the staff on providing a first class visitor experience.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank george9009
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Hi george9009 ,

Thank you for another positive review. Hopefully other people will read this review and choose to stay here also!!!

To be compared to 4 star hotels in the city is a massive accolade and we are chuffed to know that's the level of service you were provided. It's even better to know you enjoyed Glasgow over Hogmanay!

A review like this is truly incredible to receive and on behalf of all the staff here I can't thank you enough. I hope we see you again soon.

Regards,
Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed in the Park Inn for New Years Eve with my partner. For the date we booked the rate was very reasonable for under £90. The hotel itself has one of the best locations in glasgow situated a block away from Buchanan Street and a stones throw away from pretty much everything Glasgow City centre has to offer. The staff were friendly and professional and the room, while basic, was clean and quiet.

There was however a few critiques to hotel. The shower was not hot enough had the extractor pretty much removed any chance for the bathroom to heat up. The bathroom in general was very cramped with the toilet and the sink being extremely close together. The pillows in the room was extremely soft, so much so, that I did not think there was any point in using them as they offered very little support.

Both myself and my SO had breakfast which came to £11 each. To me the cooked breakfast was very good with an abundance of food and a wide choice and was well worth the price post New Years Eve celebrations.

Overall I would say that this hotel is a very good. It has everything you come to expect from a good hotel; clean, tidy, manned by professional staff and free wifi and the location is second to none. Apart from a small critiques which are very much based on my own preferences which others may prefer I would stay again in this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Being in the city centre I would recommend people book rooms on the second floor and above. The hote...
Hi Jamesc1401 ,

Thank you for the excellent Tripadvisor review.

It's great to hear such posative feedback and I'm delighted you enjoyed the hotel. A hearty breakfast after celebrating Hogmany is no doubt welcome, and I'm glad we delivered.

Our rooms have 2 pillows for each guest, one soft and one firm. I'm sorry these were not to your liking. Personally I prefer a firmer pillow also however the general concensus from guests has been our pillows are just right.

I hope we see you again in the future.

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for four nights over new year based on tripadviser reviews. So happy that I did could not fault in any way. Excellent check in room lovely clean and modern with plenty of space high ceilings and modern bathroom. Breakfast very good although self service someone always there to help if needed and to clear dishes etc away. Food fresh tasty and plenty of everything. Tea and coffee with biscuits in room and toiletries in bathroom. More like a four or five star. Would recommend to anyone and will stay everytime I go to Glasgow. Well done to everyone who works here and thankyou.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hi Derry055,

Thank you for the amazing review!

It's truly heart-warming to hear such a glowing appraisal of our hotel and staff at the hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed the stay and I hope you will be back soon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I had a large, nicely furnished corner room with high ceilings and tall windows. The ensuite was modern and clean. The room overlooked the main road but secondary glazing ensured street noise was rarely intrusive. There were a few steps between the main part of the room and the bathroom and room entrance but this wasnt a problem for me.

For breakfast there was a good selection of cooked items and cereals. I only had the scrambled eggs which were very good and some pastries.

All of the staff I met were pleasant and professional.

Now for the negatives. When I arrived the room was cold. I set the climate control at 24c but 2 hours later the temperature had barely changed. I went to Reception and was quickly given a portable heater and this was effective in bringing the room temperature up to a comfortable level, though I had to run it all night and it was a little bit noisy.

The shower temperature was only lukewarm.

The free wifi only worked for a short time.

On entering the hotel there are a number of steps up to Reception, something to bear in mind if carrying heavy luggage. I'm not sure what arrangements are in place to allow access by guests with restricted mobility.

Overall it was good value at £45 for my one night stay, but if I'd been paying full price I'd probably mark it down to 2 or 3 stars because of the issues described above.

Stayed December 2013
Hi 186534Chris ,

Thanks for the kind review.

I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet our usual standards in some aspects during your stay. I will personally look into the air conditioning system in the room you stayed in to make sure all is well.

It can be a pain carrying luggage up and down stairs while travelling. Our back entrance has aan elevator instead of stairs if you would prefer to use that option next time round.

I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I booked the Park Inn as it is associated with Radisson. I usually stay at the Radisson Blu or the Carlton George when staying in Glasgow but having shopped around found the Park Inn to be much much cheaper. We were very pleased with the hotel, even compared to the much more expensive hotels it compared well. Very clean, bar area, breakfast, decent sized rooms (which were nicely decorated). The breakfast was plentiful, well cooked and presented buffet style. The staff were friendly and eager to assist where ever necessary. The location was excellent too, very central. I would highly recommend this hotel over the others which cost twice as much.

HI Cribby001 ,

Thanks for the 5* review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and I hope we see you again soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Clean, good value, nice rooms, excellent young staff. Location could not be better for a city break, 2 mins from central station, next door to Weatherspoons, Tesco express round the corner and loads of nice restaurants within 2 mins walk - so all bases covered. Minor gripes - water not hot enough for a bath in the room either of our 2 night stay, but cant moan too much as we got a free upgrade. Breakfast fantastic, i would say easily Hilton/Devere standard. Good quality food, fresh bread and some haggis!. Unfortunately, on the first morning most of the hot food ran out whilst i was getting my brekky, so there i was with sausages, toast and nothing else which then went cold whilst stocks were replenished, and when they were after 5 mins or so, most of it went straight away as so many were waiting. It drives me nuts this, why hotels can have Awesome service and spotless rooms like this one, but seem unable to anticipate the hot food running out? Happens all the time to me GRRRRRR. Still top hotel especially for what we paid, not sure if reviews will be quite as good at the £70 a night it will prob be after the sale finishes. That said, I would probably pay it and im dead tight. For the management, star staff member is Jonny who put up with all my missus moaning about the water and rescued me with a needle and thread for the button on my trousers. See Haggis for breakfast.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Got this hotel for a great price, £34.50 from booking.com. We were upgraded to a family room after i asked for a bath when I phoned the hotel the day before so we were delighted with our big comfy room. Reception staff could not have been nicer both when we checked in and when we came back from a night out. The room was spotless, huge bed, couldn't fault it at all. Breakfast was ok, but we should probably have come down earlier as a few things had ran out by the time we came down and the hotel was very busy. We would definitely come back here, the location is perfect and it's everything you'd want in a city centre hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hi mokimo81 ,

Thanks for the fantastic review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and we were able to arrange your requests. Thank you also for the positive comments about our staff.

I'm sorry some of the breakfast items were missing when you came down. Over Christmas most of our guest have been having a late breakfast and enjoying a festive lie-in so the restaurant can get quite busy at that time. To be honest I think I would find it hard to get out of one of the hotel beds as well!!!

I hope we see you again soon.