“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Sydney, Australia
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I loved it! It was clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and very well located - walking distance to the main train stations and the centre of Glasgow. Staff were helpful and friendly, couldn't really find a fault with this place! Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for the amazing review travelbugbitten03!

Needless to say we are all chuffed to hear you enjoyed the hotel and I hope we see you again soon,

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I'm impressed! If you're looking for a comfortable, clean hotel in Central glasgow at a great price, this is the place to go. Friendly and efficient staff. The hotel is fairly basic but it covers the essentials very well. The room wasn't huge and the "lounge" is actually the corridor leading to reception but as a base to explore the city, it's great. Breakfast was adequate but a little uninspired.

Two negatives: the free wireless internet is slow. you can pay for a faster connection or if you have more than one device which is a bit of a liberty. Also, I can't be the first idiot to leave my iphone charger at home. Would be helpful if they had some to hand....

Overall, as a good value base for a night or two this place hits the spot

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thanks for the amazing review nottinghilltraveller!

It's great to know you found the hotel facilities and staff service impressive.

With regards to the wi fi, we do offer a premium rate of £10 for 24 hours and that can be used with multiple devices at no extra cost.

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

As far as traveller basics are concerned, this hotel met these. The room was cleaned to a high standard, and the bed reasonably comfortable - despite being 2 single beds pushed together and therefore lumpy in the middle. However, whilst staff are polite and friendly, there are so few of them that service in this hotel is almost non-existent.

On arrival I skipped the automated check in desks and headed for the desk with a human (debatable as one didn't appear for a few minutes). I then checked in and was asked if I'd like to put a card on the room for extras - of course I did want to, but I was then told it had to be a credit card and not a debit card. This has never been a problem before for me, and I stay regularly in Holiday Inns and occasionally in Radisson Blus. It was therefore decided I had to 'pay as I go' as I didn't want to use my credit card.

As a Club Carlson Gold Member, I was upgraded to a Superior Room. I'm not sure what standard rooms are like but this one wasn't overly inspiring. Clean and comfortable yes, but so basic - very little taste has gone into the design of the rooms.

I tried dinner at the hotel my first night which wasn't wise. There was one man seemingly manning the kitchen, bar and check in desk all at the same time. The restaurant was completely empty, and no tables had been laid, so I decided on eating in my room. This place is very much run on skeleton staff and thus lacks much service. He refused to bring the food to my room, but agreed to phone my room once it was ready for me to collect, which was the best he could do in the circumstances. When I got the food, it wasn't bad in terms of taste, however I'm assuming it was reheated as it was lukewarm. I wasn't offered a receipt at the time and didn't think to ask, and the hotel then couldn't put it on my bill on check out (so I am unable to expense it to my company).

The room was nicely cleaned and presented, however one day they gave me a packet of severely smashed up biscuits, and also whilst I followed the usual hotel towel code (on the rail = keep, on the floor = replace), when I put a towel on the floor the cleaners simply hung it up on the door, instead of replacing it. Bed sheets and towels seemingly aren't replaced/washed when
staying multiple nights.

Perhaps the most lacklustre (and also amusing) aspect of the stay was, surprisingly, the TV. The TVs in the hotel run standard Swisscom hospitality software which I've seen in other hotels. The hotel configures it with the info/features it wants. This hotel however, seems to have left the sample data in the system.. for when you go into the menus and look at options like 'Room Service' it shows you a blank page. Even better is when you look at the Hotel info menu with the information on various room types - these pages have been left with the sample information, with each room type describing a room in the 'Corinthia Hotel Budapest'! If I followed the room description on the TV, I apparently had a bath in my room, as well as a view of a street in Budapest and complimentary access to the hotel's 'Royal Spa'. Something not quite right there...

The final complication was that despite it working perfectly the first 2 mornings, on my third and final morning my pre-scheduled wake-up call did not happen. Not having set any alarm on my phone either, this resulted in me oversleeping and being late. Just as well my flight back to London was in the afternoon.. I did mention this on check out, but as it was only after checking me out that the clerk asked if everything was okay, she couldn't then check if a wake up call was assigned or not as the room account had been closed.

All in all a pretty basic hotel - you can probably get better service at a Holiday Inn Express or a Premier Inn for a better price. There's a lack of can-do attitude with staff, and a lack of staff in general. Admittedly the staff are nice and do try their hardest, it's more the hotel policies and service offered at hotel level that are lacking - I didn't see anyone overly senior and there was no plaque with the name of the duty manager as you often find at hotels - so I'm not sure where management were, but they need to configure their TVs one way or another. It's not a bad hotel if you're going out and really just want a bed for the night. But don't expect much in the way of service/hospitality. On the plus side, they do put Twinings tea in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Hi Henry C,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review.

On behalf of all the staff at the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow City Centre I’d like to apologise for our failings during your stay.

I'm especially gutted to learn we let you down in customer service levels. As you can see from other reviews this is not the level of service we are known for and I'm sorry we failed you during this stay.

I have highlighted the TV issue you found the room you stayed in to our swisscom team who are removing the erroneous information. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I hope this visit will not detract you from staying again, and in the future we will aim to meet or hopefully exceed your expectations.

DUNFERMLINE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Hotel could not be faulted, service, rooms, reception, good location excellent breakfast, great value for money.I would recommend this hotel to anyone. New interior with good quality food served throughout the day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi M16RRT,

Thanks for the amazing review!

It's great to know our facilities exceeded your expecations. Thank you for your business and I hope we see you again soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Got a great deal on our 2 night stay at the Park Inn - £90 with breakfast included. On arrival staff were exceptionally polite, helpful and courteous - a theme that continued any time we had contact with a member of the team for any reason. Hotel overall was very clean. Decor is fairly basic but with a 'chillout/cool' theme. Room was standard but spacious and had everything you would need. Bed comfy and shower was great. Buffet breakfast was fab - plentiful selection and regularly replenished. Only downside was the noise from people spilling out of nightclubs, then as that died down the bin lorries arrived - very loud on the first floor! Overall well worth the money and location is great in terms of access to city centre. Would definitely recommend! :-)

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor where possible when staying over a weekend. Lots of noise from late-night part...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Lauren C,

Thanks for the great review.

Needless to say we are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel. I'm especially pleased you found the staff engaging. Customer service is paramount at the Park Inn by Radisson and it's fantastic to know this translated during your stay.

I hope to see you soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Park Inn during a trip to Glsagow to see Strictly Come Dancing. The hotel is very central, bedrooms and bathrooms are fresh and clean, beds very comfy. Staff extremely helpful and breakfast a treat - too much choice!! Will stay there again, great value, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank you for the review Heather A.

There is never too much choice for breakfast!!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the trip to Glasgow and hope we will see you again soon.

banbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Whole hotel is clean,the staff couldn't have been more helpful and courteous. All in a Great location. Wouldn't hesitate on recommending, we will definitely return hopefully in the not to distant future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi chris3352 ,

Thank you for the amazing review and please don't hesitate to recommend! :)

I hope we see you again soon.