“Excellent!!”

Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Ayr, Scotland
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had an excellent stay here. We e-mailed ahead and requested an early check in and our room was ready for us when we arrived. The reception area is very basic, but what you pay for. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The receptionist showed us all the way to the lift and was very customer service focused. The rooms were very clean and have everything you need in them. The beds are extremely comfy.. once you get in - you don't want to get out!! We only paid £50 bed & breakfast, so it was excellent value for money. The hotel is very central to everything including the kings theatre, central station, nightlife and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrazerAyr_Scotland
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi FrazerAyr_Scotland ,

Thanks for the excellent review.

It's great to learn we ticked all the boxes for you and I hope we see you again soon.

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
livingston
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night while attending a gig at the O2, room was lovely and big and spotless. Checked in no problems then went out for lunch, when we came back there was a lovely note with a cupcake and a candle in it wishing me a happy birthday during my stay, a really nice touch !
Very quite and no noise from other guests, breakfast was good too. Highly recommend a stay here

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank princesslorna
Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday at the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow princesslorna!

It's great to learn you enjoyed the night and I hope we will see you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband booked this hotel for an overnight stay as he had also booked tickets for the UB40 concert which was being held nearby. The location was perfect and the hotel itself was very modern and immaculate throughout. Our room was very cosy and there was a great choice of foods at breakfast. All the staff we spoke to were very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Gary M
Thank you for the great review Gary M!

Of all the positive comments you have made about the hotel, your appraisal of the staff means the most to us and I thank you on behalf of all the staff here.

I hope we see you again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Brilliant stay. staff very friendly. Room was very clean and a great size. Bed very comfy. Great location close to lots of great bars and a stone trough from central station. would 100% stay here again :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ru8yroo
Hi ru8yroo,

Thanks for the excellent review.

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and we would 100% welcome you back! :)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The taxi driver could not find the hotel for some time, and turned out he had never heard of Park Inn. For a short business stay the hotel was adequate, clean if a little basic. Perhaps my expectation is too much to expect at least one bottle of drinking water which was solely needed after hours when shops were closed. Most annoying occurenc, was bedroom door being knocked on 3 separate occasions within the course of 5 minutes by housekeeping in the morning, long before check out. After snapping to 'go away' from a state of partial dress, I will very likely 'stay away' from Park Inn by Radisson on future visits to Glasgow.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ACUBIEN G
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for the review GusFB.

I'm sorry to hear we didn't get it right during your stay at the hotel. It's especially disheartening to hear of your experience in the morning without Housekeeping department.

Excellent customer service is something we strive to achieve at the hotel every day. I will be investigating the miscommunication in our housekeeping department personally to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I hope this experience will not deter you from using Park Inn by Radisson in the future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Good hotel right between central train station and Queen street station. We did not know that and went first to Radisson Blue. Hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, one small stairs are going up to the lobby but the rooms are great, personnel is helpful and friendly, and the location cannot be better. 5 minute walk from the city center and shopping area, a lot of pubs and eateries about, and plenty to do with easy connection to buses and trains. The breakfast is good but expensive, one can have a great breakfast in the pub next door for half the amount.

Room Tip: However you place yourself in the shower, your bathroom will be under water. If you can, book a room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swiffy_new
Thanks for the excellent review swiffy_new!

We are thrilled to know we were part of what seems like a great trip to Glasgow and I hope we see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I chose this hotel mainly for the location right in the heart of Glasgow and was not disappointed. It is a short walk to either of the main train stations and an even shorter walk to many bus stops (including for the bus to/from the airport). The staff I interacted with were friendly and professional and able to answer my questions about shops and services in the local area. The room was of a reasonable size, clean, modern and comfortable. I have marked it as 4 out of 5 because of a few niggling concerns:

1. The key cards seem to demagnetise easily. I had to go to reception three separate times during a 3 night stay to get my key card re-coded. The second time, the desk clerk recommended storing it separately to my smart phone, but given that I was wearing clothing with no suitable pockets and was already storing them in different parts of my hand bag, I'm not sure what else I could have done.

2. The ventilation system seems to bring bad smells into the room. When I arrived, I was aware of a smell of smoke in my room. I obtained an air freshener and it seemed to get better, but the next day the smell was back. One morning there was also a smell of sweaty socks. The hotel is right next to a pub and I wonder if the ventilation system was picking up air from the smoking area outside the pub. The problem was mainly in the bathroom (which did not seem to have any extractor fan), so it wasn't a deal breaker and I admit that I didn't mention it to staff at the time.

3. The design of the bathroom means the water doesn't stay in the shower area. The shower is separated from the rest of the bathroom by a glass screen. This screen did not extend far enough so every morning I wound up with water just outside the shower. A longer/movable shower screen would help avoid this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rbgs
Hi rbgs,

It's great to learn that on the whole you enjoyed the hotel, thanks especially your kind appraisal of the staff you encountered.

Thank you also for highlighting some areas for improvement. Guest feedback is invaluable to ensuring we are doing everything in our power to provide the best possible experience for our guests.

I hope when your next in Glasgow we will see you again.