“Best branded hotel I have stayed in!”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Preston, United Kingdom
“Best branded hotel I have stayed in!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

If you want a central location, peace and quiet and great service you can't go wrong with this hotel, the staff were wonderful and the room spacious and clean, with such good sound-proofing we never heard any noise despite being a weekend and with a popular bar next door. Great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Lou F
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Lou F,

Thank you for the excellent review.

It's great to know you enjoyed the hotel facilities and staff service.

I hope we see you again soon.

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel on the 2nd and 3rd April and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is modern and edgy, and the rooms were immaculately clean. No street noise, a lovely thick mattress and an amazing shower and wet room.

Scott and Chris were the receptionists that really made our stay special- they helped us find our restaurant and always greeted us with a smile.

An excellent restaurant called Opium (Chinese) is just a few steps away, and a pub full of local whiskies (and characters) is opposite the restaurant. Needless to say the location is fantastic, with plenty of restaurants, pubs and bars nearby.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the gym- it literally had a yoga matt, three treadmills and an exercise bike, in a tiny room. For a fitness freak such as myself, this did not cut the mustard- otherwise I would have rated the hotel 5/5.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in did not have a bath. If this is something that you are looking for specifically...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the excellent review Gabrielle_Tamo!

Location is one of the most important things for a city centre trip, and I'm glad we didn't disappoint!

On behalf of Chris and Scott I would like to thank you for their personal mentions. Both Chris and Scott are valuable members of the team and it's great to know they were on hand to help.

I hope we see you again in the future.

Kindest Regards
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights w/c: 24th march. Staff are a credit to the hotel, always polite, attentive and clearly care about their jobs. Hotel is in a central location, short distance to shopping areas and queen street station. Room was spotless, tidy and modern with a compact but effective shower/bathroom. Only tiny niggle was it was a wee bit cold dispute playing with temperature control, but that is coming from a soft southerner. Haha. Thanks for a fab stay, I would defo recommend to all and will be back!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Berainey
Hi Berainey,

Thank you for the fantastic review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and will be recommending us. I'd also like to thank you for the kind appraisal of the staff at the hotel, who strive to provide excellent service on a daily basis.

Kavala, Greece
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Honestly, I can not imagine a better location for a city break. In the city center, yet rooms are very quiet (I stayed at the fourth floor). The building looks old, but it has been significantly renovated.
It is very near bus and train stations. Staff is very friendly, what else do you want?

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pavlos_Del
Thank you for the excellent review Pavlos_Del!

I can't think of a better tripadvisor review to read! :)

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Surrey UK
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We spent one night at the Park Inn by Radisson as we were on a business trip to Glasgow. The room looked ok at first but we were surprised to find that apart from a small wardrobe by the door there was nowhere to put anything. A tiny shelf by the bed (enough to hold the hotel telephone only) and a very narrow shelf under the mirror. We were glad we only had to spend one night there. I had hardly any sleep as the bed was so soft that each time my husband turned over in bed I was disturbed by the movement of the very soft mattress. We found the room very hot so tried to turn the air conditioning temperature down. When that failed, we opened the window but that made sleep impossible as there was so much noise from revellers saying good night to each other outside and the constant traffic. As I have recently had a knee replacement, it was rather annoying to have to go up four steps to get to the bathroom. The shower in the bathroom had only a small glass screen which meant the water went all over the floor. However, the shower itself was good. The breakfast at £10 a head was ok but really only ok. Tea was made with a flask of warm (not hot water). The staff were all very friendly but I found the hotel difficult as there were quite a few steps up from the pavement, stairs up from the ground to the reception and also the steps in the bedroom.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ValSurreyUK
Thank you for the Tripadvisor review ValSurreyUK.

Needless to say I'm disappointed to learn you didn't enjoy the hotel facilities. I'm especially surprised reading your appraisal of the mattresses as we receive such positive feedback regarding our beds.

We have 91 bedrooms in the hotel, 2 of which have stairs in the room. If you were to stay again we could ensure you were not assigned one of these rooms. Also, we have a rear entrance to the hotel that provides access to the reception and rooms without any stairs.

I hope this recent visit will not detract you from staying at the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow in the future.

Ayr, Scotland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had an excellent stay here. We e-mailed ahead and requested an early check in and our room was ready for us when we arrived. The reception area is very basic, but what you pay for. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The receptionist showed us all the way to the lift and was very customer service focused. The rooms were very clean and have everything you need in them. The beds are extremely comfy.. once you get in - you don't want to get out!! We only paid £50 bed & breakfast, so it was excellent value for money. The hotel is very central to everything including the kings theatre, central station, nightlife and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrazerAyr_Scotland
Hi FrazerAyr_Scotland ,

Thanks for the excellent review.

It's great to learn we ticked all the boxes for you and I hope we see you again soon.

livingston
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night while attending a gig at the O2, room was lovely and big and spotless. Checked in no problems then went out for lunch, when we came back there was a lovely note with a cupcake and a candle in it wishing me a happy birthday during my stay, a really nice touch !
Very quite and no noise from other guests, breakfast was good too. Highly recommend a stay here

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank princesslorna
Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday at the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow princesslorna!

It's great to learn you enjoyed the night and I hope we will see you again soon.