“My favourite city centre hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My favourite city centre hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the best central hotel I have stayed in in Glasgow, having sampled several over the last few years. Room was spotless, plenty big fluffy towels, tea and coffee facilities in the room, flat screen telly, an extremely large and comfy bed, a spacious walk-in shower with quality toiletries and plenty storage space for clothes and suitcases. The room was quiet and facing offices in a side street so no noise and wi-fi was reliable and free though you could pay for an upgrade for a faster service. However, the highlight of my stay was the staff – and I dealt with everyone from the housekeepers to the manager. Check-in was superb, I don’t recall the young man’s name but he was very friendly and natural and didn’t sound like he was using the usual rote speech, a very charming member of staff who I hope goes far in his career. Check-in was at 3pm but he let me use the room as it was ready at 9am! On top of this, I had to leave a night early and the manager very kindly offered me another night to the value of what I had pre-paid – to be used within 12 months. I shall most certainly be back, service and hotels like this should be encouraged so thanks to all the staff who made my stay pleasant and wanting more. Truly outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BogsideBunny
Alistair C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
BogsideBunny, what can I say!! - Its our favourite Hotel too :) - I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I am indeed very proud of the young energetic team that I work alongside, their main focus is always ensuring that our guests have a memorable experience. I am aware of the circumstances of your early departure and we are delighted you will be coming back to stay with us again in the near future. Thanks again for your fantastic review!
Regards

Alistair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was a one night booking for a couple in their 40's and 50's. The staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful, the room was clean and warm and the location was absolutely perfect for sightseeing around Glasgow. We'd definitely stay again....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank tardis17
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks for the awesome review tardis17!

I love the heading of this Tripadvisor review!!! :)

Needless to say we would welcome you back when next in Glasgow.

Scotland
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business

Room 413 and it was exceptionally quiet with no street noise.

Seamless check in and out and very helpful staff.

Fresh, clean and contemporary rooms with nice bathroom.
Minor points were no drawer space in the room, lack of power in the shower and intermittent wifi coverage.
That said, I was impressed with the hotel and location and would certainly stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jackie C
Thanks for the excellent review Jackie C!

I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the hotel and I hope we see you again soon!

Aberdeen
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in a twin room and found the room very clean and spacious. There is a chair and stool. The entrance vestibule is also spacious. You can get dressed in this room without your arms hitting the walls, and it has a full length mirror. The bathroom is big, very clean with modern fittings. The white towels are thick and soft. I would have loved a dressing gown and slippers, and more space between the twin rooms. The staff are very helpful and cheerful. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Best of all, the hotel is very centrally located. We travelled by bus to Glasgow and the hotel is between 5-10 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank apachenf
Thanks for the excellent review apachenf!

We love to hear such positive feedback from our guests and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Cloughey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The best I have stayed in in quite some time. Extremly good value for money and the rooms were both spacious and clean. The room was well equiped with a safe, ironing board, hairdryer and plenty of wardrobe space (and hangers)

The receptionists were very friendly indeed and made us very welcome. Thomas especially deserves singling out as he was very pleasant indeed.

The area was great for dining out and for shopping and was within close proximity to everything including the station and tube.

There is a gym but I didnt use it.

Breakfast was self service and had a wide variety to choose from and was very good.

The hotel had luggage holding facilities which meant we didnt have to take our suitcases shoppin on the last day.
Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ann_taggart
Thanks for the excellent review ann_taggart!

Needless to say we are thrilled to learn you enjoyed the trip to Glasgow. I'd also like to offer thanks on behalf of Thomas who was over the moon to be singled out for his customer service.

I hope we see you again soon.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I loved the location in the heart of the city, close to shoppings, restaurants and attractions, easy access to everything. The room was good and clean, comfortable beds and pillows, good breakfast, nice staff. Worth the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Martha O
Thanks for the review Martha O!

Location is crucial with any city break and we are lucky enough to be in the heart of the city. Surrounded by excellent bars, restaurants, shops, and sightseeing attractions it is easy to relax and soak up what Glasgow has to offer!

I hope we see you again.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is ideally situated in the centre of Glasgow. Good prices and great value to stay here. The staff are very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms quite spacious and of a very good standard. I had breakfast here once before and that was the only downside, plates were not being replenished quickly enough however maybe that problem has been resolved now. Great hotel, great value, great staff!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank EdinburghMaggie67
Hi EdinburghMaggie67,

Thanks for the amazing review!

We aim to be a great hotel that is good value for money, with excellent customer. I can see we ticked all these boxes in your opinion and I hope we see you again in the near future!