“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Winchester
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Glasgow. The main advantage of the hotel is its central location, with all the main transport links and attractions within a few minutes' walk. The hotel is in a converted office block, and is a bit of a maze inside. I was staying in a good-sized room overlooking West George Street - this was very lively in the evening but there was little noise in the room because of excellent glazing. The bathroom was stylish and well-equipped, but unfortunately the room had nowhere to leave clothes (such as drawers or shelves) except for a wardrobe that took hanging clothes only. There wasn't even a rack or stand where I could put my bag. This lack of storage space seems to be increasingly common in hotels, and may be reasonable for people staying overnight, but I don't like living out of my bag if I'm staying for longer. I had the breakfast (I'd recommend prepaying if you normally eat breakfast in your hotel, as it's about one-third cheaper than charging breakfast when you have it), and this was a decent buffet, with good choice of hot and cold food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for the review ceejayenn!!

Location is everything when enjoying a city centre break and it's all the more enjoyable when coupled with a quiet room. It's great to know we got this right for you and I hope we see you again soon!

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel great location for city centre and for both queen st and central stations just a 10 minute walk to either. Hotel was clean with specious rooms and bathrooms some noise as to be expected with location. Staff were friendly. Bar and restaurant looked nice although we did not try these.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the 5* review stokie_gem!!!

To receive top marks off someone who has travelled so much is all the more rewarding.

I hope when your travels bring you back to Glasgow we will see you again!

Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when attending a concert in the Hydro. Fairly new hotel within easy reach of stations, shops, restaurants & bars.
Room was spacious with a really comfy bed & fab shower. Nice bar with reasonable prices for a hotel of this standard. Friendly helpful staff.we didn't have the breakfast but there are plenty of places close by.
Will use again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Linda J,

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel!!!

We are chuffed to know you enjoyed your trip to Glasgow. The Hydro is an excellent venue for concerts so I'm sure you had a good time. :)

Innsbruck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Two nights at this modern and stylish hotel were a pleasure. The room was spotless clean and looked as in the pictures advertised of the hotel page - so no surprise. The check-in was professionally handled (with a friendly scotish accent) and swiftly I was in my room. The room was on a higher floor facing the street - still I could hear the street noise (but that is nothing I do mind). So if you need a quite room ask for a room not facing the street.

The breakfast was better than the average english breakfast and I must say I did enjoy the good quality food. There was no outstanding signature dish for breakfast and also no variety over the days - but it was good and reliable (and above the standard).

The price I had to pay was quite high, but that must have been due to a music festival in town. If that was the standard price I would consider it too high. Overall it was a decent hotel experience and I would choose it again for my next Glasgow trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review SFH75x.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and facilities and hope when your business brings you back to Glasgow we will see you again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Smack in the centre of Glasgow.Trains,buses and all amenities are on your doorstep.
The staff were excellent and my stay was comfortable.
Will I return?yes.It would be my first choice when visiting Glasgow.
Keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2014
Hi James D,

Thanks for the excellent review!

It's great to know we are your number one choice for Glasgow and I hope we see you soon.

Moray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for the Eagles concert, Hotel is easy walking distance from Queen St station and close to lots of bars and restaurants.

Room was spacious with a good-sized bathroom with huge shower cabinet. There was a king-sized bed with lovely, comfy feather duvet and pillows. I had the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel anywhere. Although we were near the lift we heard no noise either from inside or outside the hotel.

There was a great selection of foods for breakfast - both continental and cooked.

I can't believe how great this hotel was for the amount we paid/

The only observations (rather than criticisms) were that the shower could have been more powerful and the coffee machine at breakfast was rather temperamental.

Would definitely stay here again as it's a far better hotel than many more expensive ones I've stayed in, in Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daphniesmum
Thanks for the terrific review Daphniesmum!!!!!

Needless to say we are thrilled to hear such positive comments about our hotel and facilities.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Glasgow and I hope we will see you again in the near future!

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent hotel in the centre of Glasgow.....and surprisingly quiet room(5th floor). Only a 25 minute stroll to the SSE, SECC AND The ARMADILLO. We managed to get bed and breakfast for 47.50 GBP. We booked 4 months in advance and would most definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thanks for the great review steveandrona!

Our location in the heart of Glasgow is excellent for almost anything in the city, and even better when booked on a special offer! :)

I hope when your next in Glasgow we will see you again.

Regards,