“CG weekend”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“CG weekend”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was clean and the room comfortable, but it was a bit pricey and when towels and soap were removed from the room by the cleaners and not replaced it was not what I expected at that price. We considered breakfast expensive, so did not take breakfast in the hotel. Nearby cafes serve a decent breakfast at a much better price. The bar could have been a little more comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

RossSaunders, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you got the positive review Ken G!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Glasgow, and apologise we forgot to replace the towels we had removed for cleaning.

I hope we see you again soon.

Ross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel was great and staff brilliant.
Paid £269 a night for room only to stay during Commonwealth Games. Free wifi for only one device per room.
They did advise me to park at the Mitchell Street NCP and I returned to a car with smashed windows. This is apparently an on going and persistent problem. Why keep telling guests to park there??????

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen G
Hi Helen G,

Thank you for the 4* Tripadvisor review.

I'm sorry to hear about your car. We have subsequently changed the car park we recommend in the city centre in the hope to avoid such scenarios in the future.

I hope when you are next in Glasgow we will see you again.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent location. Everything was good, the staff- helpful, they even had plug-in adapters to lend us, but the internet is for free only for one device per room and pretty slow. No breakfast option was available.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

RossSaunders, Operations Managers at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for the review Dave K.

I'm glad you found the hotel and staff excellent. Our free internet is available for unlimited devices in each room, I'm sorry you were not able to get it working for the items you had with you.

I hope we see you again in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Inn Glasgow and discovered upon check-inn that I had foolishly booked for the previous night and been marked as a no show.

As a Carlson Club member the team at the Park Inn Glasgow were happy to move my booking to the right night and all I had to do was pay a small difference as it was a Saturday rather than a Friday night rate.

Excellent customer service and won't think twice about staying here again in future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bentaylor21
RossSaunders, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi bentaylor21 and thank you for the 5* Tripadvisor review!

We are chuffed to hear you had a great time in Glasgow and happy we were able to amend your reservation.

Thank you also for the kind staff appraisal. Excellent service is first priority for all the team here and it's always good to know when this translates to our guests.

I hope we see you again soon.

Cambridge
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm originally from Glasgow and always looking for different places to stay 1 or 2 nights in the city that's different to my usual choice (Grand Central). I'm glad I tried the Park Inn. Excellent check in procedure, very efficient. Room I was given (requested a quiet room) was very quiet and very well furnished. Local air conditioning (that worked) was a a big plus compared to other city centre hotels. The location of this hotel is excellent (right in the middle of the city centre) with good eating and drinking several minutes away. Recommended.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room on a high floor at checkin as this hotel is in the city centre and has nightlif...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank craigslorach
Hi craigslorach,

Thank you for the fantastic review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the trip to Glasgow. Needless to say we are particularly proud of the staff appraisal you have given as this is something all of the team here work extremely hard on.

I hope we see you again soon!

Ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson for two nights at the beginning of July this year. Parking was a major issue for us as we were in Glasgow to attend and play music for a wedding and were travelling in a ford transit van loaded with thousands of euros worth of gear. The hotel itself was very nice - decor is contemporary and therefore quite sparse- staff were really helpful and made us feel welcome. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, food was spot on but portions a little small (however, we were travelling all day and starving!) Overall a pleasant stay - one criticism though - we bought bottles of water at the bar on each of the two nights to take to our rooms - they costed £5 each!!! However, would recommend for a short stay in Glasgow city centre.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mari08Ireland
Thanks for the excellent review Mari08Ireland!

Location is everything on a city break and being situated in the heart of Glasgow really is a massive bonus for a trip here.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and facilities and I hope we see you again soon!

Durham
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel does not have its own car park but instead direct you to use a supposedly "secure" NCP car park on Mitchell Street.

DO NOT USE IT!!!

I was only in Glasgow for a matter if hours when my car was broken into and basically ransacked. They broke into the boot and stole everything in there. Nothing was on show in the front yet they somehow knew to go into the boot despite nothing being on show. The police and even car park attendant advised this car park has been getting targeted recently and lots of break inns... Yet the hotel CONTINUE to recommend it, surely they must know this!!?

Be warned.

Hotel itself is ok, apart from being evacuated at 2am for fire alarm!

Won't return to Glasgow, my first and last time

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 1981dave
Hi 1981dave,

Thank you for taking the time to post a tripadvisor review.

I'm sorry to hear your car was broken into. This is the first instance we have been informed of car damage from a guest using the car park we recommend at the hotel. We have subsequently looked at other car parks in the area suggest as an alternative option.

I hope this instance does not tarnish your opinion of what is a great city to visit.