“Great beer selection, decently priced food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BrewDog Glasgow

BrewDog Glasgow
Ranked #4 of 202 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated opposite the iconic Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, our bar is a library of beery masterpieces from the likes of BrewDog, Mikkeller, The Kernel, Victory, Stone and many more. No Tennents. No Carling. No Smirnoff. No Televisions. We are not cool. We are not pretentious. We just care. And we are your friends.
Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great beer selection, decently priced food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Easily the best beer selection in Glasgow when you consider the amount of taps and bottles. We had food and the burgers were top notch, as we're the veggie haggis balls. Definitely recommend getting some food if you're looking for value in the Finnieston /West End area.

The staff were knowledgeable and friendly, happy to give tasters, which is handy given the amount of draught beer. Shout out to Sam, top lad.

Visited July 2014
Andy D, Assistant Manager at BrewDog Glasgow, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Iain,

You sound like a top lad yourself! The crew here are one and all, a top bunch of lads (and lasses)!
Thanks for your recent 5* review, and I'm glad our staff were able to help you navigate your way around the draft boards. Hopefully you can make it back in again soon!

Cheers,

Sam

Assistant Manager

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great bar. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Came for a drink and was really impressed with this bar. Great location, opposite kelvingrove art gallery and staff were very welcoming and knowledgable about the beers. We didn't eat but many people were and it all looked great. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank Nickbrow
Hi Nickbrow!

Thanks for your recent 5* review of the bar. We are all very fond of the view too, and hope you will come back and enjoy it over a beer with us some day soon.

Cheers,

Sam
Assistant Manager
BrewDog Glasgow
Toronto, Ontario
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Beer and Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

2014-06-28. Mabel and I stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the Kelvingrove museum. We both had the "Pigs May Fry" burger (Good but overly large, and meat is more "minced" than we are used to in North America which I find interesting.) Delicious but we could have shared one instead of each getting one! and some beer flights. The bar feels very modern compared to what we were picturing in the UK. We sat at a long high top table. Servers were friendly. It was quiet when we first sat down and started to get rather busy shortly thereafter. Some seating outside as well. I liked it, the beer selection was pretty good in terms of both BrewDog options and guest taps. Some bottles are on the pricier side. We opted to take a couple bottles to go with us as well. Glad we went and would come back. It has character but not the sort of old world charm that say the Three Judges has. Worth a visit!

Visited June 2014
Andy D, General Manager at BrewDog Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hi, and thanks for your review!

I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to our bar, and that the burger you had was to your liking (albeit too large for you; we don't really do anything by halves here!). I'm also pleased you were impressed with our beer selection: we do our best to source the very best new craft beers both local and international, and with 14 taps we generally will have something for everyone! Whilst not being a "traditional" Scottish pub like the Three Judges, we hope that we have enough of our own individual character that any visit to us will be a memorable one.

I hope to see you in the bar again soon,

Regards,

Andy (General Manger, BrewDog Glasgow)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Chuffed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent location (right across from Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum) and beers and cocktails. The food was gorgeous! I highly recommend the burgers and fries. We had the American Psychow burger and I wish I could go back and get another. You should definitely stop by.

Visited July 2014
Thanks very much for the review!

I'm delighted that your visit was a good one, and that you rate our food so highly. I'm also pleased to hear the cocktails were to your taste: we have put a lot of effort into revamping our cocktail offerings in the last few months so to hear your positive feedback is really appreciated. I hope to see you back in the bar again soon for another American Psycow and some awesome beers.

Regards,

Andy (General Manager, BrewDog Glasgow)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've visited this bar a few times now and it never disappoints! The choice and quality of beers is just devine and the bar staff are knowledgeable about the different beers and really friendly.
Very cosy evening and just a short walk to the west end if you want to experience the other great bars in this area. I visited recently and had what I could only describe as 'beer tapas'.. Four lovely beers (1/3 pint each) for me to try with a short description from the barman. Cracking Bar.. thoroughly recommend!

Visited July 2014
Andy D, General Manager at BrewDog Glasgow, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi Lynne,

Cheers for the review, and I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our beer flights are definitely the best way to experience a few different beers at the same time, and I might steal the term "beer tapas" from you; that's a great description!

I hope we see you in the bar again soon.

Regards,

Andy (General Manager, BrewDog Glasgow)