“A very bad experience!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Ordered a sweet and sour chicken and looked forward to it, however, my initial reaction when cutting the chicken was that it was very hard. I persevered, but thought that there must be something wrong. When the waitress came over to ask if the food was alright, I said then that the chicken was very hard! She then asked if I wanted a sharper knife!

I tried again, but decided to take the plate to the bar and say again that there was a problem. The manageress was very defensive and said that I had been offered another meal….which I had NOT. She was very belligerent and hostile when I said I would not pay for the food.

What happened to the customer service? There was none! She accused me if having an attitude, that I was wrong and that I would have to pay for half of the meal, because I’d eaten half! I said I would only pay for my drink. She charged me £3 for a watered down orange juice. Then as I was leaving, she tried to stop me and told threateningly that I was not to come back! To which I replied that I would not, as the food is inferior.

I found the bar stinking with the smell of frying and would not recommend this bar as a place to eat decent food, but the essential area of concern was the extremely bad attitude and lack of customer service.

1  Thank Norris716

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a nice wee pub. We went in for lunch during our break. The staff were lovely but our waiter was new and it showed. We waited quite a while for our food and had limited time so when it came we had to rush to get back on time.

The food itself was lovely, well presented and quite reasonably priced. I would go back again but not on a lunch break as it did take a while to come.

The facilities were clean which is always going to score a mark but timing was ages and one of our party ordered a drink which came in a small glass and was a tad expensive (all the other drinks were fine and in large glasses so good value otherwise).

1  Thank SMBSLT
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were looking for a pre- theatre meal and we found it here. It's basically a functional 'pub' that serves good food at a reasonable price. Fellow diners justifiably recomended the steak special. The staff are helpful and friendly.

2  Thank PoohBurr
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Just popped in for a quick bite to eat before meeting friends I work nearby and have heard good things about the atholl burger. I actually had a pint and 9 inch pepperoni pizza came to about 7 quid and was amazed by how good the food is. The waitresses are very nice and friendly and would definitely come back.

3  Thank Mcartwright1989
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Found this pub when looking for meal near Theatre Royal. Atmosphere warm and welcoming -
staff very friendly. Ordered haddock, and it was delicious - freshly cooked, served with chips
peas, lemon wedge and wee dish of tartare sauce. House wine good quality and reasonable
price. Folk at next table had steaks (special on a Wednesday) and they looked and smelled very apetising. Look forward to a return visit - would definitely recommend to others.
The Atholl Arms is very similar to the Griffin in Bath Street.

1  Thank Endee26