“Friday Night Out”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Friday Night Out”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

So slow! 8 of us seated by 7.40pm. Starters arrived 9.00! Then a further long wait for main courses, and finished about 10.30. We were a group of mature men, not some romantic couple needing canoodling time. Food was good, and a free round of beers was offered when we complained about the delays. No glasses offered with the bottled beers. Restaurant was not busy when we arrived, so no excuse there. Overall unimpressive.

2 Thank Gordon P

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Fantastic restaurant, well worth a visit, very good service, food is fantastic. spiced haddock highly recommended

Fairlie, United Kingdom
“Excellant service and value”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have just had a wonderful meal with my friend and I have to say was very impressed. My friend has a lot of food allergies so eating out can be very challenging but I have to say the staff were great and they made her a lovely meal and could not do enough to make sure she had a good dining experience.
It was one of the best curries I have had in a long time. The restaurant was immaculate as was the bathrooms and kitchen. We ordered two starters and two curries, rice, chapatti, and condiments and two wines total £28.
Will be back soon.

Visited March 2014
SCOTLAND
“Poor experience!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

When I see a mixed number of reviews it always interests me that so many people have such variable experiences within the same establishment.
So it was when I visited for the first time recently... not busy, about 8 diners in early evening. Service prompt... asked for a plate of poppadums as part of the starter dish, only to request these be changed as they did not taste crisp or freshly made. Replacements, unfortunately were no better, yet assured these were the freshest they had! These were added to the final bill despite not having eaten either portion.... needless to say I requested the cost to be deducted!
Mains were served on/in cold plates... so eat quickly or have coldish fare. From a more limited menu, I thought the food would be a bit more flavoursome, but just pretty ok in the end.
A visit to the toilet revealed a poor state of affairs..... dark and dingy and a severe rationing on toilet paper....ie none! A cubicle with seat broken in half and empty toilet paper holders left lying by the sinks. I do wonder if the owners of this establishment would like to visit their conveniences in their present state? But ok for paying customers...?!
In recent years the actual centre of Glasgow has become home to more Indian restaurants than previously was the case....ie more competition. For me, Assam is not one the best of what is on offer and after my recent experience I will not be back, nor will I recommend.

2 Thank Celtic-Wanderer
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Kept waiting”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived told 20 minutes for table,we waited.After nearly 40 minutes of people arriving and being taken straight to a table we gave up and walked out. The menu was very limited.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Hilary T
assamsTraditional, Manager at Assam's, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Im sorry you felt it took longer to get a table on valentines day, when you arrived i had said 20/30 min but i cant promise as we were very busy. The customers that were getting seated prior to yourself had all booked.
We do have a limited menu as we cook everything fresh and i do hope on your next visit to Glasgow you will pay us a visit as i would happily get you a glass of red wine as an apology.