“Afternoon tea”

No.1 Chocolate Factory
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a great thing to do with the kids or even big kids for that matter. They have classes where you can make chocolate animals/bars etc. Its also a place to have high tea, birthday parties etc. Plus they also make the most wonderful chocolate which they sell.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Took my daughter to No.1 Chocolate Factory for afternoon tea, I paid £15 for it with an Itison voucher. We were extremely disappointed.
When seated at table the waitress came to take our hot drink order.I I asked for a cappuccino for myself and a hot chocolate for my daughter, I also ordered a fresh orange juice for her explaining I would pay for that. The next minute the manager came rushing over to say that you only get one drink included with the tea! I replied yes I know I said so to the girl who served us! (I`ve been for tea dozens of times and tea and coffee is always unlimited). The coffee was lukewarm.
The cake stand arrived with 6 tiny sandwiches, 2 ham, 2 sliced cheese and 2 smoked salmon. There was no butter on the bread, sandwiches were dry and bland. The "cake" selection was sickly sweet, 2 little slices of caramel cake, 2 slices of a strange coconut/cream/chocolate combination!, 2 white chocolate covered strawberries(ok), and 2 white chocolate cup things filled with milk chocolate mousse(bleugh). Four tiny rock hard scones with cream and jam.
When I went to the till to pay for the oj, manager asked me how it was and looked shocked when I complained!!! He said no one else had ever compained!!
So I left very displeased telling him that we are going for lunch( as I was still hungry). My daughter ate one sandwich and one bite of scone, which is not like her at all, she couldn`t finish her hot choc as it was so sweet. She felt sick for ages afterwards. :( :(

3  Thank Bekjac

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have just experienced a fantastic day out to No 1 Chocolate Factory. The staff were extremely pleasant especially the American and Canadian girls who dealt us lots of lovely warm chocolate to make our moulds, lollipops and art work. Had lunch afterwards and we all enjoyed the food. Highly recommend this (not just for children).

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Just visited the no 1 chocolate factory. Our 4 and half year old son loved it . Good value for the kids and good quality chocolate . The lunch menu was varied and some healthy choices of snacks. Will return soon . I think more comfy sofas would be great for parents who need to chill !

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The value for food was fantastic.The brie cheese and cranberry sandwich is great! Good hummus and inexpensive and great ice cream.VEGAN FRIENDLY! Nice spacious seating, easy to have private conversation, great window views of street, clean and large bathrooms and has WiFi. A MUST IF YOU'RE IN GLASGOW!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Went for lunch with a friend and our 2 kids......took ourselves right to the far reaches of the restaurant so the kids could play without disturbing anyone. Got served quickly and food was decent, however, the sound of our children laughing and having fun (not throwing tantrums or being naughty) was clearly not acceptable.......we were told that people were 'literally leaving' because of the noise. Was made to feel very uncomfortable and totally unwelcome in what I thought was a family orientated restaurant. WILL NOT BE BACK!

6  Thank CKMF