“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having visited the old Greek restaurant across the road in Sinclair Dr. On several occasions over the years. Decided to try the New one across the road! The decor is stunning in comparison to the old but I'm afraid the food was nothing like old restaurant which was made fresh and had true Greek flavours to enjoy.
My husbands main course pork dish was dry, salad very boring same mixture was served with starter and main course chicken kebab. ordered side dish of roast potatoes tasted and looked like 'Auntie Bessie's' frozen roast potatoes. Get the impression that dishes already prepared and heated in microwave before serving. Won't be back I'm afraid. Sorry for such negative review but when I think about the food Mum made there is no comparison!

2  Thank Janice R

Reviewed 29 May 2014

we visited the restaurant on saturday evening at 8pm myself and 3 friends it was surprisingly empty, decor was fresh staff friendly and inviting we ordered 1 starter as we were not sure about portions and i was very glad that we did mains arrived all were fantastic and portion size was very generous all in all a very good night and i will certainly return could not find fault with service food staff or decor well worth a visit

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ordered three chicken souvlaki with extra tzatziki and pita on the side for collection for myself and friends. When I came home and opened the packaging I soon realized that this was not a greek souvlaki. The cold pita bread looked like the typical pita bread you would buy at a supermarket and was stuffed with mixed green salad with one olive, cucumber and tomato with a terrible salad dressing. The chicken that was grilled was dry and burnt and the tzatziki was basically yoghurt with some herbs. There was no extra tzatziki or pita on the side as requested. Very disappointing experience as each one of these so called portions cost 6 pounds each. All three were binned immediately after just one bite.

1  Thank ESD89
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is the best Greek restaurant I have ever tried with all the key components in place ie. quality of food, option of quantity and friendly atmosphere in abundance.Frankly I am struggling to find any negatives- but perhaps because there are none!
During the evening my wife and I opted for 3 courses. For starters we had Keftedes which was crispy deep fried meatballs in a herb sauce and calamari which was light and crispy and non rubbery, Both courses delicious and plentiful.
Turning to the main courses I chose seafood saganaki which comprised prawns, scallops and mussels in a tomato, white wine, ouzo and herb sauce all accompanied by roast potatoes and salad. My wife had the slow cooked lamb on the bone. Can I say that both dishes which were superb were perfectly presented such an imaginative symmetrical fashion that it even seemed a sacrilege to eat the courses. I should also stress that the salad & veg. was fresh interesting and tasty- unlike many restaurants who only pay lip service to veg and salad.
For dessert we had the pandora sundae being vanilla ice cream with cherries, raspberry coulis, white chocolate flakes all topped with whipped cream.
During the meal we ordered a bottle of cabernet sauvignon from a compact but well thought out and reasonably priced wine list.
I have no more to add except that we were well looked after by the waitresses who were personable, friendly and extremely helpful and overall can only recommend that others try this truly excellent and reasonably priced restaurant.

2  Thank 163weekend
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Came here with family for a birthday meal as I had always fancied trying the place and am so happy I finally did. The food was delicious and the portions huge. We went straight for a main course which I'm now glad we did because there was so much of it. I had the chicken sis kebab and it really was fabulous. Everyone else was also full of praise for their choice. The cocktails are also worth a try especially the cosmo which had a good strong kick to it. Extremely pleased with the whole meal and can understand why it's so popular. Service was also friendly without being overbearing.