“Good find”

Ranked #59 of 2,521 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Steakhouse specialising in prize winning dry-aged beef along with barbecue and burgers, craft beers and cocktails .
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Uncle had heard about this restaurant so asked for us to go with him. We went at a quiet time, the staff were very friendly and the food was good. We had the meat platter and the amount that you get was definitely enough for three of us. We also had the little burgers which were a bit cold but nice. It was definitely a good find.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went here last night with a mate. I had been reccomended the place a few times and decided to go along. When we arrived it took about 20 mins for someone to take our order and after I had ordered the tasting platter our server only then told us there were no ribs. (Surely something that should have been intimated beforehand) the food arrived and it was really tasty. I enjoyed everything on the plate. However it took about ten minutes for someone to clear our plates and then a further 20 minutes after asking for the bill to receive it.

Overall the food was delicious, the service was poor and the price was a little too high for what we had. I might go back.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went for dinner at 8.15pm. Seated at tall table at the door with gust of cold wind every time the door opened. Asked to be moved which we were. Waited 55 minutes for food with staff apologising a number of times for delay. When food came the specialist burger was tasty but the smoked tasting plate was anything but tasty - it was dry and burnt - could not eat the chicken and ribs which were dry and burnt black. Very poor all round.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Been recommended meat by friends so decided to try it all. Had a 2 course set menu via 5pm.com. Food ok. Nice corn on the cob but not difficult to get wrong. Had a venison burger as the main, was ok but a bit on the dry side. Nice bun but a little burnt. So all in all the food was ok. Service however was poor. Waited over half an hour for mains and it wasn't even that busy. Not sure i'll go back as many other new burger joints in the city centre which have been given better reviews!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Now I'm not a big meat eater and generally prefer seafood or poultry....but boy, does this place change all that! The smoked plate is fantastic - a great selection of the various delights on offer - and is pretty much what it must feel like to experience the most divine death by protein! :)
And the pulled pork....I don't know where to begin. Melts in the mouth, tastes like heaven and with the chilli jam is simply one of the most glorious taste explosions that's ever happened in my mouth!
I love the vibe of this place too. Small enough to be intimate yet doesn't feel claustrophobic the way some can. Great service - very attentive without being intrusive. And great selection of music playing...loud enough to hear but not detracting from the conversation.
Did I mention the pulled pork?
I've not plucked up the courage to try one of the meat cocktails yet but the drinks selection is perfect - some gorgeous white wines and for the picky meat eaters who insist on red with their beef my companion certainly had no problems in choosing a delicious bottle of red which went down a treat.
If you're not a staunch vegetarian then you really must try this place at least once....although I have a feeling raft once won't be enough.
Did I mention how good the pulled pork is.....:)