“Amazing burger in gluten free bun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Burger Meats Bun
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: At Burger Meats Bun our philosophy is to utilise the attention to detail, pride and constant drive for quality that has been ingrained into us through our years of working in some of Scotland's best restaurants. We focus on quality of choice rather than quantity. Heavenly wings, awesome fries & Burgers. But Better. Throw in some quality beers, liquor, a few good tunes & our brilliant team of fellow burgers and you have us in, well...A bun! At the heart of what we do is a dedicated team of awesome, artisanal supplier. In Jonathan Honeyman of the Aberfoyle Butcher we are lucky to have one of Scotland's leading 'meat scientists' sourcing the best beef out there. Paired with the finest cheese from expert affixer George Mewes and washed down with handcrafted ale from the award winning Cromarty Brewery, there are no boundaries when sourcing the best for all you burger disciples! Even our slow grown chicken & brioche buns are fit for the most avid burger aficionado. Our handwork paid off when we won James vs Burger's Best Burger in Glasgow in our first year. Our fantastic support had a massive part to play in that too and we can't thank you all enough! Well we can, by assuring we will keep striving to feed you burgers. But Better.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing burger in gluten free bun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've been keen to go to BMB since it opened, and finally got a chance to head there tonight. I had the Bacon and cheese burger on a gluten free bun (an extra 50p). The staff were very knowledgeable and told me that their own spicy ketchup wasn't gluten free and should be left off. I was also informed that the burgers are cooked to be slightly pink inside.

The decor was comfortable, and 'rustic' hipster. The burger arrived wrapped in paper with cutlery in a tin can on the table. It didn't need any ketchup, it was moist, juicy, tremendously flavourful and quite big! It was a challenge to eat because it was a pretty big burger, but I happily managed! It was delicious.

I can't wait to go back. Highly recommended!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Meat your Burger and Bun Elsewhere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first experience of Burger Meats Bun and other than the service and chips I can't say I was too impresssed at all.

Firstly, there was an extremely limited choice of only 3 beef burgers and no special was left at only 7.30pm on a weekday evening. For a burger bar, this was highly disappointing.

Secondly my burger was served rare/raw. On complaining I was informed that they serve their burger's medium rare. I understand people may enjoy it this way- but it should be highlighted when ordering that this is the case (If i missed this info it was not clearly explained on the menu or by the staff). However I must say my complaint was promptly and pleasantly dealt with by our waitress except probably too quickly by the chef who just lathered on far too much "smoky" sauce thereafter thus reducing my brioche bun to a soggy mess.

Other than the relatively clever interior, the good choice of beer (especially West 4 on draught), and the company I had, then I can't see any reason to go back here? There are certainly far better burger bars at a cheaper cost ( 2 burgers, one chips, one beer, and one wine came to roughly £35 if I remember correctly) with more options than Burger Meats Bun littered around Glasgow.

Ryan

Stewarton, United Kingdom
“Juicey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great rustic feel, calm atmosphere and welcoming staff. Went to there for lunch with my mate, we are students who love a good burger. Now the burger here, it was unlike the others. It was cooked leaving a bit of pinkness in the middle, to lock in that great flavour like a medium rare steak (my fav). When you took a bite it wasn't greeze that ran out but in fact juice. The burger was great, but personally something with a bit more zing to it would have nailed it for me. The fries were unbeatable. Remember always hunting for the crunchy fries that there are so little of in most restaurants, well these fries have crunch with a soft texture in the middle. I'll be going back to try the other burgers soon!!

London, United Kingdom
“Not convinced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

After living in London for two years I love my burger joints. I have visited Byron (lots) Meat Market, Honest Burger, Patty and Bun, Slider Bar etc so I was very interested in Burger Meat Bun as it looked like a real attempt to bring this style of restaurant to Glasgow. This place had the classic look of all these London chains and the owners had done their research so I was really looking forward to the food.

I was really disappointed in my burger as was my lady as we were desperate to love it, My cheese and bacon burger was destroyed by salt and that is all I could taste and was GUTTED... everything else about the burger seemed excellent but it was not pleasant to eat and I can only put it down to the bacon being unbelievably salty :-(

On the flip side my girl friend had the cheese burger and she gave some of it to me as it had very little taste at all which was true it really didn't tase of anything..

A shame as they looked the par :-(

The Chinese wings were nice and the fries were fine.

Staff were great and as said before the place looks excellent.

I think we will go back again and give the burgers another try and I will try without bacon next time, but at present I cant quite say its up there with any of the London places I mentioned earlier.

I love the burgers at Neighbourhood bar in Argyle Street so will probs still say that's my top place and gonna be hard to beat.

cheers

“Burger Meats Grease”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with two friends after heading great things. Unfortunately BMB didn't live up to our expectations.
My chicken burger was fatty and greasy and my chips were overcooked and whittled.
None of us finished our food which is unheard of.
Staff however, were lovely, friendly and attentive.