“One for the memory bank!!”
Review of Burger Meats Bun - CLOSED

Burger Meats Bun
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Burger Meats Bun our philosophy is to utilise the attention to detail, pride and constant drive for quality that has been ingrained into us through our years of working in some of Scotland's best restaurants. We focus on quality of choice rather than quantity. Heavenly wings, awesome fries & Burgers. But Better. Throw in some quality beers, liquor, a few good tunes & our brilliant team of fellow burgers and you have us in, well...A bun! At the heart of what we do is a dedicated team of awesome, artisanal supplier. In Jonathan Honeyman of the Aberfoyle Butcher we are lucky to have one of Scotland's leading 'meat scientists' sourcing the best beef out there. Paired with the finest cheese from expert affixer George Mewes and washed down with handcrafted ale from the award winning Cromarty Brewery, there are no boundaries when sourcing the best for all you burger disciples! Even our slow grown chicken & brioche buns are fit for the most avid burger aficionado. Our handwork paid off when we won James vs Burger's Best Burger in Glasgow in our first year. Our fantastic support had a massive part to play in that too and we can't thank you all enough! Well we can, by assuring we will keep striving to feed you burgers. But Better.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Decided to pay BMB a visit with my husband and 11-year old niece and popped in for an early tea on a sunny Saturday night. The place was packed but we got a table almost immediately. Liked the deconstructed layout of the joint and the laidback atmosphere of the mixed crowd. We sat down and the really friendly, helpful waitress was over in a flash. She gave us the menu and told us what the specials were, on first glance the menu seemed limited but y'know what, who cares cos after you've eaten here you know you're coming back for more of the same. My niece had the fresh vanilla milkshake, served in a milk bottle with an old fashioned wax straw, my hubby had a beer served in a dimpled pint glass which reminded me of the 70's and I had a diet coke.

The special starter of the evening was mac'nuggets, mac n cheese cubes rolled in breadcrumbs, with a chipotle sauce OMG!! Amaaaazing. I opted for the chicken burger which was more like a freshly home-made schnitzel served with the right amount of salad and mayo on a brioche bun wrapped in burger paper - the best burger I've ever had. My niece had the kids chicken nugget burger, which was small schnitzels served in a bun and my husband had the cheeseburger which he said was awesome. We decided to go with cheese fries and salted fries between us. Our eyes were bigger than our tummies and couldn't finish everything. I have to say that the food was divine and we'll definitely be back. It was a nice wee trip down memory lane with all the 'wee' touches, great atmosphere and good food, what more can you ask for?.....oh the music they were playing was great too. :o)

1  Thank Po10472

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've been keen to go to BMB since it opened, and finally got a chance to head there tonight. I had the Bacon and cheese burger on a gluten free bun (an extra 50p). The staff were very knowledgeable and told me that their own spicy ketchup wasn't gluten free and should be left off. I was also informed that the burgers are cooked to be slightly pink inside.

The decor was comfortable, and 'rustic' hipster. The burger arrived wrapped in paper with cutlery in a tin can on the table. It didn't need any ketchup, it was moist, juicy, tremendously flavourful and quite big! It was a challenge to eat because it was a pretty big burger, but I happily managed! It was delicious.

I can't wait to go back. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first experience of Burger Meats Bun and other than the service and chips I can't say I was too impresssed at all.

Firstly, there was an extremely limited choice of only 3 beef burgers and no special was left at only 7.30pm on a weekday evening. For a burger bar, this was highly disappointing.

Secondly my burger was served rare/raw. On complaining I was informed that they serve their burger's medium rare. I understand people may enjoy it this way- but it should be highlighted when ordering that this is the case (If i missed this info it was not clearly explained on the menu or by the staff). However I must say my complaint was promptly and pleasantly dealt with by our waitress except probably too quickly by the chef who just lathered on far too much "smoky" sauce thereafter thus reducing my brioche bun to a soggy mess.

Other than the relatively clever interior, the good choice of beer (especially West 4 on draught), and the company I had, then I can't see any reason to go back here? There are certainly far better burger bars at a cheaper cost ( 2 burgers, one chips, one beer, and one wine came to roughly £35 if I remember correctly) with more options than Burger Meats Bun littered around Glasgow.

Ryan

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great rustic feel, calm atmosphere and welcoming staff. Went to there for lunch with my mate, we are students who love a good burger. Now the burger here, it was unlike the others. It was cooked leaving a bit of pinkness in the middle, to lock in that great flavour like a medium rare steak (my fav). When you took a bite it wasn't greeze that ran out but in fact juice. The burger was great, but personally something with a bit more zing to it would have nailed it for me. The fries were unbeatable. Remember always hunting for the crunchy fries that there are so little of in most restaurants, well these fries have crunch with a soft texture in the middle. I'll be going back to try the other burgers soon!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

After living in London for two years I love my burger joints. I have visited Byron (lots) Meat Market, Honest Burger, Patty and Bun, Slider Bar etc so I was very interested in Burger Meat Bun as it looked like a real attempt to bring this style of restaurant to Glasgow. This place had the classic look of all these London chains and the owners had done their research so I was really looking forward to the food.

I was really disappointed in my burger as was my lady as we were desperate to love it, My cheese and bacon burger was destroyed by salt and that is all I could taste and was GUTTED... everything else about the burger seemed excellent but it was not pleasant to eat and I can only put it down to the bacon being unbelievably salty :-(

On the flip side my girl friend had the cheese burger and she gave some of it to me as it had very little taste at all which was true it really didn't tase of anything..

A shame as they looked the par :-(

The Chinese wings were nice and the fries were fine.

Staff were great and as said before the place looks excellent.

I think we will go back again and give the burgers another try and I will try without bacon next time, but at present I cant quite say its up there with any of the London places I mentioned earlier.

I love the burgers at Neighbourhood bar in Argyle Street so will probs still say that's my top place and gonna be hard to beat.

cheers