“Vegan Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #517 of 2,600 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with friend and daughter for the afternoon tea. Not only are in lovely surroundings but the food was great. Perfect meringues! I had booked as needed a vegan option for daughter. She was very pleased with her selection of treats. She said that the sandwiches were the best and loved her carrot cupcake. The vegan and vegetarian options are easily available. Really good service with friendly staff who left us to sit and chat for ages after we were finished without any problem. A great place to meet friends, indulge a sweet tooth and catch up. Lovely, all within a Glasgow landmark setting (whilst Mrs Cranstons rooms are renovated)

3  Thank artmac21
Sheila P, General Manager at The Willow Tearooms at Watt Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and that your daughter enjoyed her Vegan Afternoon Tea. Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you liked our new location within Watt Brothers where we will be for the future. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Ate here with friends for afternoon tea. We had booked for about 1.30 p.m. but got delayed. We rang to let them know and they said there was no problem. We could turn up when we were ready. We chose afternoon tea. Two friends shared one and they seemed to have enough. I asked for the gluten free menu and was surprised to find they did a complete GF afternoon tea. Not cheap at £12.95 but there was plenty. Several sandwiches (choice of veggie fillings or non-veggie) scone, cream and jam, a piece of cake (I could choose between lemon drizzle and chocolate gateau) a little shortbread and a pot of tea. It was all excellent. The service was quick and staff were pleasant. As far as decor goes it was a little disappointing from the point of view of Charles Rennie Mackintosh - we were expecting a little more in that respect but the actual Willow Tea Rooms are elsewhere. Because they have almost the same name it is easy to get confused if not local (which we were not). Would go back if in the area and might try the actual Willow Tea Rooms if similar menu.

Sheila P, Manager at The Willow Tearooms at Watt Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea. Our free from menu is very popular with a lot of our visitors and we do get a lot of great comments about the fact that it is available without pre-ordering. Sorry to read that you were slightly disappointed with the decor which is inspired by Mackintosh both in terms of the colours and furniture including our Ladderback and Tub chairs. Can I also say we are the actual Willow Tea Rooms and as well our Tea Room within Watt Brothers store we have the Willow Tea Rooms at 97 Buchanan Street (which celebrates 20 years at that location this year) so continue to have our two Willow Tea Rooms in Glasgow. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I had loose tea, served in a lovely teapot and brought to the table with a tea strainer. The food menu was varied. I chose avocado toast with cherry tomatoes and spinach and rocket which was delicious. My husband chose the Willow club sandwich which was unbeatable. This place has a fantastic ambience and is a must when visiting Glasgow.

Thank you for your lovely review recently, I am so glad you enjoyed our varied menu. The Willow club sandwich is delicious. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon in our Watt Brothers location where we will be for the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I've visited the original Willow Tearooms which are currently under refurbishment.
However, the new Willow Tearooms on the 3rd Floor of Watt Brothers store on Sauchiehall Street are absolutely amazing. I had a lovely morning there when they held a knit and natter and the scones were delicious.
I will be back soon.

2  Thank LindaKilmarnock
Sheila P, General Manager at The Willow Tearooms at Watt Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and I am glad you like our new tea room. So glad you enjoyed Knit N Knatter and look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Enjoyed a light meal here.Saw plenty of choices of cakes available.Appears to be popular with a lot of older women to meet up as that was the majority of customers before i left.would go back to try cakes at a later date.

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad you enjoyed our meal and hope you will return soon to try our delicious homemade cakes.