“Good soft play, food expensive!”

Wonder World Soft Play Glasgow
Ranked #102 of 271 things to do in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Amazing Indoor Adventure Centre, 4 Fantastic Party Rooms, Grand Prix Circuit, Toddler Zone and much, much more. Welcome to Wonder World – Glasgow’s biggest and most exciting children’s indoor adventure centre. Themed on the wonders of the world, this custom built centre has been designed to stimulate children’s imagination and encourage physical development in a safe and fun environment. Facilities include; play frames, ball pools, trampolines, a go kart track, an astro turf football pitch, a daring drop slide and much more. There is also a separate baby and toddler zone with activities and equipment for little ones. For special events, we have 4 fantastic party rooms and a range of packages to suit every budget. Additional facilities include a Starbucks cafe, Wonder World restaurant, and FREE WiFi.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Good soft play, food expensive!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This soft play is one of the better ones springing up around Glasgow, it is good sized compared to most and offers a good range of chutes etc. the food is however on the expensive side tho the cartoon characters were a good touch

Visited February 2014

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Too many customers, not enough trained staff.get a car park.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Second time here the first time was wonderful.
This time was a Saturday and was overcrowded and far to hot. Not good.

Que was out the door and my wife and kids had gone in first as I searched for a parking space. Not easy.

I went in the party side as I couldn't get in the other side choc a block.
I was told no entry without a ticket I told them my wife was inside and they came over to the desk. Still no entry. After my wife showed them the recipient.
The computer said no.

After laughing at their poor system I was allowed in.
We found a seat in sauna conditions , the hotter it is the more juice you buy.
And the sorer the head.
After 5 other parents asked to turn off the overhead heater it was eventually after an hour done.

the food was very bland yet not cheap.and was left.

The last time I went the staff had a smile and were on hand to help.
They were almost all different staff this time.not a good sign.

The kids said it was too busy and didn't enjoy it.
Kids know what they like.

3 Thank beafrrespirit
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awful place, awful staff”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been coming with my 5 year old since it opened over a year ago and have been to many parties here. At first we were very impressed - its a huge softplay that looks great and has great equipment. We loved the fact it sold Starbucks coffee and although it is pricey, its worth it for a good couple of hours on a rainy day. HOWEVER, our recent experiences have been very disappointing and it is now the last softplay we would choose to go to.

1. We were at a party last saturday and when we first walked in we used the usual entrance. despite there being two members of staff at the front desk and only one other family in front of us, we waited for 10 minutes until someone got round to serving us. Then we were told 'oh no, you cant come in this way, you have to go in the party entrance' so out we go and go back in through the party entrance.

we gave our names and were told by some idiot with a clipboard and a headset (most of the staff are now wearing headsets for some reason, and spend all their bloody time talking into the mouthpieces to someone or other rather than actually serving the customers). that we had to wait for our party host to show us to the party room. so we waited. and waited. and waited. we waited for another 10 minutes until eventually the harrassed party host came to get us. all this time my daughter is getting upset becuase she can see her friends out on the softplay having fun and she cant get to it. she ended up misiing a good 20 minutes of the party just because we couldnt get IN to the bloody place.

the reason, it transpired, we waited so long for the party host to show up was because she had to dance with the mascots. surely you dont need EVERY member of staff to dance with the bloody mascots every hour?

2. This new thing they have introduced where they bring out the mascots every hour and get them to dance for 10 minutes is highly irritating. It blocks the walkway completely and the place is busy enough as it is. when i was there i saw a woman in a wheelchair having her exit blocked for a good 10 minutes whilst the stupid mascot dancing was going on.

3. the food is completely overpriced. i was also told i couldnt get a straw unless i was buying a drink of pepsi or lemonade. im being charged over a fiver to get in and i cant even get a free straw so my daughter can drink her bottle of water easily?? sod your cafe, i always bring my own drinks in.

4. if you go in the morning when it first opens its bearable, but by the afternoon it gets SO busy. they are often queing at the door to get in. last time i was there in the afternoon i actually started to wonder what their capacity limit is. when do they start turning people away? when does it become too busy? there certainly seemed to be a dangerous amoutn of children there - i would be very interted to know what their upper capacity was.

5. the music they play is so loud, its completely unecssary for a soft play. im not saying that as an old fogey - im 35 - and i love my music but its unbearably loud. i have asked on occassion, very politely, could they please turn the music down as i was sitting underneatht he speaks and i couldnt even hold a conversation with my friend (they were the only seats availble). i was told under no circumstances would they turn the music down. well, thats me told i guess.

All in all its a real shame. its a great softplay in terms of design and equipment, but for our tastes its too big, too cold, too inpersonal and is run like a military operation. there are several other softplays in glasgow i would go to before i went to this one.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank pussface
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Somewhere to go when it rains”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times with our 2 year old and 3 year old. We have never had to wait in a queue to get in for more than 1 minute. I think the décor is great and the equipment looks well maintained and safe to use as long as you abide by the rules. We have been to other soft plays where the ropes were becoming ragged- this is certainly not the case here. The kids adore it and never want to leave. The only reason I have given it 4 stars as opposed to 5 is due to the overpriced menu.

1 Thank chenders0n
Glasgow
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Visitied a couple times”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Now this review may sound strange coming from a non parent, however, attended a birthday party for my nephew and found it ok. plenty for kids todo, and parents just chill out have a coffee. I found the food and drink from the cafe fairly priced for reasonable food!! you dont expect hilton for mcdonalds money! the party went well, however the reception is very busy when they have several parties on. and agree 1 member of staff on the desk leads to this. there must be an alternative. (perhaps when parties are on the postcodes and names are inputted to computer after everyone has arrived. simple spreadsheet is enough, with the party host responsible.

2nd visit was with my nephew and nieces. went nice and early and all was fine, food again good for the price. its alot bigger than other play zones!! give it a try

Visited January 2014