“Family lunch”

Price range: £10 - £25
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Description: Modern Japan meets old Glasgow in this cool and contemporary refurb of a Grade A listed City Centre building.Authentic Japanese food made using fresh locally sourced ingredients and served in a relaxed and informal setting.Serving crisp tempura, mouth-watering noodle dishes, the freshest sushi, handmade to order, and much more.A true taste of Japan in the centre of Glasgow.
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

It was late afternoon and still had not eaten, so we thought let's try Nippon kitchen because the last time we tried to get in it was full and there were lots of people waiting to get in, we were not disappointed, the lunch time menu was still available and everything on it was to our like. We had two courses and a soft drink, food was great and filling, got the bill, which was very reasonable and I thought, we will be back.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We had our first meal in the first time visit ti Glasgow, after some days stay in Fort William. I would say, this really surprised me - both the quality and the price.
I had a ramen (soup noodles) and it's one of the best I had in Europe. My husband had a benton box and it was also very good. The service is quick and the menu has plenty of options.
Price wise, it's rather reasonable, for its quality and location.
If you are bored at the highland food and the national dish, fish&chips, you can try here to get some different taste! :-)

1  Thank Eratolin
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Have visited Nippon Kitchen twice this week. As Japaneses cuisine is my favourite, I like to try and find authentic restaurants on my travels.
Well this place certainly lives up to it. Good menu, well cooked food and when it says spicy it is so be warned.
Having visited Japan, this place is as good as it gets. Service is attentive but not fussy, but I can get very busy which is a good thing.
Price wise, it's very good value an 15-20 will see you very full.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Walked round Glasgow looking for something for dinner but running out of time we called in to the Nippon Kitchen. Wow! An excellent choice the food was perfect not too much not too little to extremely delicious and the servers were friendly and att native every one of them. Definitely would go back.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Visited yesterday as a party of four. I had not visited a Japanese restaurant before and would judge the food as better than Yo Sushi. The prices are a bit higher than expected and the service levels only average with delays in getting food, the check and taking payment. It was worth trying but will not be a regular haunt for me.