“Expensive”

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The cost of going to cinema is expensive enough with the ridiculous prices for sweets, popcorn and drinks.

£3.75 for a bag of a Revels you can pick up for £1 in Asda is extortion!!!!!!!! You mays well just point a gun at customers and ask them to hand over their wallets. I know Showcase aren't alone in this practice but narks me all the same and that's why people brung their own....how they haven't sussed yet that if you made prices more realistic, more people would buy and revenue would be increased!

Enjoyed film....The Love Punch. Seats were comfortable, cinema was clean, toilets were clean.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank iwannaliveincalabona

Holidaymaker9876
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“You'll choke on your popcorn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the Showcase cinema for the first time in years today.

I was suprised how empty the car park was when I arrived.

Went inside to join a queue of around15-20 people and only one person on the ticket desk. After taking an eternity to serve one customer, finally someone came to assist.

The prices are just ridiculous in this cinema.

An adult and a child to see a normal film was £15.50. The 3D films cost £13.85 for an adult and £12.05 for a child.

Then you have drinks and popcorn to buy.

A small coke, a medium coke and a medium popcorn costs £14.75.

Those prices are by far the highest I've come across.

That would mean for a 3D film and adult and child with popcorn and drinks would be over £40!!!!!

We were still over £30 for a normal film.

The seats were not very comfortable. The screen was also a lot smaller than modern cinemas and it was also too high. We had to look upwards to see the screen.

The sound was also a lot weaker than other modern cinemas.

No wonder the cinema didn't have much custom at these prices and lack of quality.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Holidaymaker9876
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Sticky carpets and messy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I wonder how often they clean the cinema halls. Every time I go my shoes stick to the carpet and there is litter lying around. If I died while watching a movie I really do wonder how long it would take them to discover my body.

2 Thank bash99