“APPALLING.”

airdrie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“APPALLING.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Despite having a children's licence, I and my 3 month old were turned away because he couldn't eat of the menu. Even when questioned, they would not budge.
Seriously.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mrsspykes

Millport18
“Quick meal before a train”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Standard pub fare but quickly served and hot and tasty. I needed a meal before I boarded an evening train for a 4 hour journey - and I didn't want to eat the rubbish they sell on board. I ordered a standard burger and chips. The burger was excellent and well cooked and tasted. Chips were also very good. It was served quickly - I asked for that as time was pressing although the place was virtually empty so I don't think the kitchen was busy. Bar woman wasn't that friendly and a smile would have helped. Would I use it again - certainly - anything is better than the food on the train and it was fresh and tasted OK.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Millport18
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Disapointing”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Have been a few times but have felt the quality dropping. I order the same thing each time I have been in but have been charged at least 3 different amounts. When I finally got served the last time I wasn't even offered a receipt or a drink.

The half an hour waiting time got frustrating, especially as I was on limited time. Ridiculous prices as well. Have been put right off.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FeefTheHippy
Fortrose, United Kingdom
“Not recommended”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The service in Bonapartes was poor to say the least - was left standing for three or four minutes before I was even acknowledged and a lady behind me was placed in exactly the same position. I enquired what the soup of the day was and none of the three on duty had a clue - I was eventually informed that it was vegetable soup which I duly ordered. When it arrived it had the consistency of portland cement!!! It was served with a roll (no butter with the roll). I ate less than half and gave up. Price wise, a gin and tonic and a plate of soup was just under £10 which I thought was over the top. This is a prime location within Queen Street Station - I certainly won't use it again and from the numbers in the place not many others use it. Properly managed, this place has the potential to be an absolute gold mine but it needs a fair bit of work to get it to the standard it should be attaining

• Visited September 2013