There is an advertisement in the room saying that if you don't get a proper rest, they will refund you the money with no questions. We stayed there for 5 nights and should have requested the refund for at least 2 or 3 or them. Our room was downstairs in floor -1, room number 1. After a first night with so much noise coming most likely from other guests as well as slamming doors and cleaning carts. I went to reception and asked for a quieter room. They told me:
- Rooms in -1 were the least noisy ones (I still don't believe it or ratings for other guests would not be that good)
- Guests causing the noise had left that day (this was actually true and the following days were quite better)
- Slamming doors were common all over the hotel.
The rest of days, as said before, the experience was better but not good enough to rate it above Medium and I still wonder whether I should have requested the refund. I want to think that other things like the kind staff were the rule and our stay, just an exception.
Other maybe useful information:
- Breakfast was quite good. It is a Costa bar embedded in the hotel and the variety is good with both american and european breakfast products. Some products were out of menu and you needed to order to the kitchen and pay for them separately.
- Last night we took a glance to the restaurant prices and saw that they were quite good so decided to have dinner there. I order beef lasagna advertised in the menu. Some minutes later they apologised and said it was not available and that we would get a free compliment for the trouble. The only compliment we got (ironic) was an error in the bill that was properly corrected after I claimed about it.
- The hotel is very near Queen station (200 meters maybe) but the train from Prestwick arrives at Central Station (about 500 meters away) and they are not linked. A taxi from Central statiton to the hotel costed us 5 pounds when we arrived in the evening and 3,60 the way back when we left in the morning.
- British staff usually only speaks English. We also saw staff from Italia and maybe Russia. They wear small flags beside their name so they can be easily recognized.
- One of the days the service didn't make the room. I phoned reception and they brought the new supplies.
Summary: Even when my experience was not the one I expected, I have tried to rate considering that they were exceptions. Maybe too many for a single trip but exceptions anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right by trendy Merchant City, the Gallery of Modern Art and the majestic Glasgow Cathedral ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel Scotland