“Great city centre location (and price)”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Booked this for 2 nights and have just returned from a great w/e in Glasgow, made better by my choice of this hotel. The check-in process was very good, and as reported on TA, the staff were friendly, helpful, chatty and interested in our stay. They also offered to help with my airline check-in for return flight and printed boarding passes - THANK YOU.
The room was clean, fresh, large and with a pleasant 'graveyard'aspect to the rear! There was minimal noise, even on Saturday night. Great stuff. The bed was large and comfortable.
Booked direct thro' PI website and got 2 nights c£80 which I thing was excellent value for the location and quality of accommodation and staff.
We didn't use any other facilities so cannot comment further but our visit to Glasgow has been great. We will return one day.

1  Thank jaks18
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this room months in advance and got the very competitive saver rate :) thank goodness!! the room was basic and housekeeping could have been better, bins were emptied daily but beds were never made and toilet rolls were just left on the bed. We ate once at the hotel but it was pricey there are better choices very close by. Parking is difficult during the day and although there is a discount at nearby ncp you can't move your car in and out as required. Between 6pm and 8am is free on road.
The entrance is the smoking area so be warned as you approach the stairs, smog central. The automatic door had been smashed and not repaired and we were there for 6 days!! Location is great for shopping and sight seeing.
Overall I was happy with our stay but that's because the saver rate made it good value, if I had paid full price .. It would have been a different story.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed during a warm summer weekend and it was almost impossible to sleep because the room temperature.
The staff was friendly, the room clean and the bed very comfy. The wall behind the room's door, close to the floor, needed some repair but it was nothing disturbing. The bathroom was in really good shape and very clean.
The location is really good, and I would consider this hotel again during cooler weather time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

There is an advertisement in the room saying that if you don't get a proper rest, they will refund you the money with no questions. We stayed there for 5 nights and should have requested the refund for at least 2 or 3 or them. Our room was downstairs in floor -1, room number 1. After a first night with so much noise coming most likely from other guests as well as slamming doors and cleaning carts. I went to reception and asked for a quieter room. They told me:
- Rooms in -1 were the least noisy ones (I still don't believe it or ratings for other guests would not be that good)
- Guests causing the noise had left that day (this was actually true and the following days were quite better)
- Slamming doors were common all over the hotel.

The rest of days, as said before, the experience was better but not good enough to rate it above Medium and I still wonder whether I should have requested the refund. I want to think that other things like the kind staff were the rule and our stay, just an exception.

Other maybe useful information:
- Breakfast was quite good. It is a Costa bar embedded in the hotel and the variety is good with both american and european breakfast products. Some products were out of menu and you needed to order to the kitchen and pay for them separately.
- Last night we took a glance to the restaurant prices and saw that they were quite good so decided to have dinner there. I order beef lasagna advertised in the menu. Some minutes later they apologised and said it was not available and that we would get a free compliment for the trouble. The only compliment we got (ironic) was an error in the bill that was properly corrected after I claimed about it.
- The hotel is very near Queen station (200 meters maybe) but the train from Prestwick arrives at Central Station (about 500 meters away) and they are not linked. A taxi from Central statiton to the hotel costed us 5 pounds when we arrived in the evening and 3,60 the way back when we left in the morning.
- British staff usually only speaks English. We also saw staff from Italia and maybe Russia. They wear small flags beside their name so they can be easily recognized.
- One of the days the service didn't make the room. I phoned reception and they brought the new supplies.

Summary: Even when my experience was not the one I expected, I have tried to rate considering that they were exceptions. Maybe too many for a single trip but exceptions anyway.

1  Thank D0m1ng0
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Booked this hotel as my daughter was participating in a dance comp at SECC. Hotel had a direct line for us to book taxi's to get there which was only a 5 minute drive, typically £6 in a taxi.
Stored our car for the weekend in the NCP carpark directly across from the hotel. Hotel has good rates so this only cost us £20 of the whole weekend which was excellend.
Also option of using the underground to get to the SECC for just under £2.
Great Location - only a few minute stroll into main City Centre.
Friendly, happy to help staff. Nothing was too much trouble
Room was spacious and clean
Breakfast was excellent
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hotel is very good value for money but there isn't any air con in the rooms or corridors just the option to turn the heating down!!! Except that the hotel is very comfortable and all staff friendly!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was expecting this hotel to be overlooking the busy George Square but thankfully it was on the street of the square and therefore a bit quieter. The reception staff were very friendly and the rooms were a good size and very clean. Bed was ok. Breakfast room was struggling to cope with the number of guests wanted served on occassions but difficult to predict when people want fed!