Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Durham, United Kingdom
“needs a refurb”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had 2 rooms both of which had mould on the walls. The duvet on the childs bed was dirty. The beds are really hard and not the hypnos type. The traffic noise is bad because of the poor quality windows.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lisa H, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi Jane D

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high quality of accommodation in all our establishments, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the Management team at this hotel.
In line with Premier Inn's unique 'Good Night Guarantee' please send your reservation details to the e-mail address below & I will arrange the refund.
Once again thank you for your review, we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

operationsmanager.glasgowcitygeorgesquare@whitbread.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great location - Glasgow City Centre. Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms. Unfortunately the noise from the street (Wed into Thur) was awful. Heating system kept me awake as it switched on/off too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stay here around three times a year and it never disappoints. Room clean as usual as is the rest of the hotel and the staff are as usual very attentive and polite. The bar area is great for a night cap after being out on the town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This our fourth year staying at this hotel at this time of year. There is a group of about 30 of us who get together for a catch up and crafting. We book one of the business rooms for 2 days and have a blast. The staff at this hotel have all been very helpful on each and every visit and nothing is too much trouble. I would also like to say a special thank you to Sally who is always please to see us and makes us feel very special throughout our stay. Also thank you to the bar and restaurant staff for putting up with all the hilarity and our nonsense and helping towards a terrific stay. I hope that their senior staff know what a great staff team they have

Room Tip: I have been luck and over the past 4 years never had any problem with any of the rooms I have stayed...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel not only had good location, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, and wonderful breakfast which you can find anywhere (mostly), this hotel had the extra piece to give it an excellent rating which is the staff. The staff here was always very friendly, accommodating, and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: make sure that if you want two beds for two people that you book as a "twin" room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed there for a 4 night midweek break. This hotel is very central for shopping, restaurants and bars with great friendly staff. A comfortable bar area with nice couches, best of all a large comfy bed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
North East Scotland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and my experience was even better this time. The restaurant and bar were being refurbished last time, but this time I was just delighted with the food and the friendly and efficient waiting staff. The buffet breakfast was excellent, everything piping hot, tasty and well-cooked, very good value. Often the restaurants attached to Premier Inns are pretty low-market, but not here and everything I ate was perfectly cooked and very nicely presented. Nothing was too much trouble, being on my own I didn't wish to sit conspicuously in the middle of the room, but the waitress found me a nice cosy nook, near other people but not feeling as if every eye was on me. Always a smile, and an enquiry after my day, the waitress introduced herself and told me who else would be serving at my table. If I did want anything they were never far away, but completely unobtrusive. The first day I only wanted a starter and sweet, and I was in a hurry as I was going to the theatre - the service was very efficient and I was on my way with a delicious light meal inside me in a very short space of time.
The room was comfortable, although getting a little bit tired, and the TV was too small to be seen adequately from the bed in the large room. There was a problem with a water leak in the bathroom, but it was dealt with while I was out, and I could have had a change of room if I'd wanted one. I don't like the self-service computer check in, but it wasn't a problem as the receptionist did most of it for me. But those are nit-picking criticisms, I enjoyed my stay and felt well looked after. Premier Inn is classed as a budget hotel, but the service and friendliness I experienced were far from budget, and streets ahead of Travel Inn.

Room Tip: On a busy city-centre road, so rooms at the back are much quiter - they overlook an old cemetary, bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo