“You know what to expect in a Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have used this hotel on at least 3 occasions over the last year. It is always immaculate and comfortable. The location is excellent, and the staff friendly. I was not able to stay one trip as this was booked, and the alternative, though comfortable was not such good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Huw W

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had always thought Premier Inn was like the Ryanair of hotels, very basic with no frills and everything extra. However, I decided to try it because of positive reviews on tripadvisor and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was well-situated, close to George Square, the rooms were very comfortable and quiet and quite spacious. The place was nicely decorated and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only difference between this and any other hotel was the price, which was very reasonable. Breakfasts were great and the staff were very friendly and pleasant. I would certainly stay here again and I'll try the Premier Inn next time I have a city break.

Room Tip: The back of the building overlooks an old graveyard and is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay! Hotel clean comfy and just what you need. Staff are great, friendly and very welcoming.

We went for the weekend with friends to get last minute wedding items and unfortunately ended up leaving our ties behind, luckily for us the hotel and staff were more than helpful in helping us have our ties returned.

We would highly recommend this hotel, perfect location, very good price and excellent customer service.

Thank you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Glasgow is a very interesting city and the people are very friendly and polite. Go there! The hotel was very accessible to local transport, places of interest and tour buses, etc. I definitely recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Glasgow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a business trip and also booked the £22.99 meal deal. The hotel was fine and everything you would expect of premier inn but the meal deal isn't value for money and the food really was poor.

The starter was breaded garlic mushrooms of which I managed one which was really odd tasting, a deep fried exterior with a strange coating on the interior and a watery mushroom in the middle. The waiter did, to his credit, offer and alternative which was the leek soup which was OK. The main course was a Thai Red Curry which I can only say tasted like air freshener with an odd curry dish on the side also. Not sure what this was - I managed the rice and a couple of mouthfuls of the curry. It had to be the worst thai curry I have ever tasted. Desert was OK, a chocolate sundae.

I'm not actually sure it worked out cheaper for the meal deal in fact I think it was more expensive! My advice would be to go out to eat if you stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my 3rd year coming the this hotel for our crafting weekend and I have always found the service to be excellent, the staff are very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. Bedooms were spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The room we had for crafting in was bright and airy and well equipped for our needs.. Looking forward to our next get-together

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel appeared to have been recently refurbished and the bedroom and bathroom were immaculately clean and fresh. The registration process on arrival was quick and simple and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The hotel corridors were quiet at night which was surprising. The breakfast was excellent value for money. It only took us 5 minutes to walk to the centre of Glasgow i.e. the shops, restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends