“4 star based of the price I paid £52”
Review of Artto Hotel

Artto Hotel
Ranked #70 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The room was modern, clean and generally okay. Bathroom was alright, expect for the bath was a bit chipped but clean though! The staff were superb, very friendly. They gave me advice, booked me a taxi and called me when it had arrived. Comfy pillows, Sky News, good power shower, right next to the central station. Everything I wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank iprefertobefair

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've given Artto a rating of 3/5 overall as there were some good points but also a few bad. The hotel is nice on the outside and the lobby and restaurant both look modern and well looked after. The room was a little basic and slightly dated. I unfortunately was given a room which shared a wall with the elevator shaft, in addition to this, the double bed I had was very uncomfortable which led to a very bad night's sleep. Not one to complain unnecessarily I gave it another try the second night to see if it was a one off bad night and had a similar experience the next night.

I decided to request a new room for my third and fourth night, I was reassigned a twin room on the first floor and this led to a much better night's sleep with also a spare duvet to lie on top of! The staff were very accommodating to this request and also very friendly overall.

The cooked breakfast isn't quite for me but the cold selection, whilst not massive, was more than sufficient to leave on a full stomach in the morning!

So overall 3/5 for a few ups and downs, if you get room 103,203 or 303 ask to change if you’re not a heavy sleeper.

Room Tip: Avoid 103, 203, or 303 if you aren't a heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Maybe just our room (111) but the ceiling at the window seemed to have been repaired with plastered on bathroom sealant, the bath tap had a shower hose and a shower, but no tap to switch from bath to shower on it, the bath sealant was brown and peeling, the edge strip at the wall had fallen off, one tile beside the loo was replaced with a square of polythene. The heating was off when we got back to our room at 1:00am and the room was freezing. If it was a cheap and cheerful £20 a night place to stay it would be OK but at £85 a night it was a bit run down for the money. We mentioned the shower to the receptionist so maybe it will be fixed. Our other guest had a shower / tap that had a switch and it worked.. No idea what the deal was with ours. The bed was a fold up cupboard bed that closes into the wall, no idea why a hotel room would need a fold away double bed. A shame really, it seemed like it would be a nice boutique hotel but sloppy DIY lets it down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel was lovely, room was clean although could do with lick of paint and a dust on the drawers wiped down but that is my only complaint. Bar 24/7 which is a bonus.stayed for two nights, the bed was changed and clean towels in the morning. Great value for money! Didn't pay for breakfast as there is cheaper alternatives within walking distance. Would recommend for a few nights stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location opposite the central station and in a buzzing area of Glasgow. It is an old building converted to a hotel on a tight budget, but the result is completely acceptable for the price of the room. I stayed in a twin room on the first floor which was fine , and clean and the bed OK. On a Tuesday night when the pubs were quiet I can say this hotel offered exceptional value for everybody. Having been in the area on a Friday night at closing time which lasts for a few hours I expect the hotel will still be exceptional value but for stag and hen parties and anybody else out to party and return late.
The breakfast was very good but I ate early, the dishes were not covered so if not replenished frequently the food would be quite dry after a hour or so.
However for a cheap weekday city center hotel you get more than you would expect to pay for and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a twin or double not facing the main road
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MJ53
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Despite reading awful reviews this hotel was fine! It was basic and a little tired-looking but for the price it's in a great location - almost opposite Glasgow Central Station.

My main issue was it's not friendly to short people - the spy hole is high up on the door and the main towels were on a ledge well over 6' tall (in line with the top of the shower).

My room wasn't dirty but apart from a newish looking carpet it was just in need of TLC - chipped shower tray made it look dirty, shampoo dispenser was empty, scuffs on the wall, marks on the furniture, plaster showing on the walls, messy cables etc. But it doesn't claim to be 5* and it was fine for the 1 night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LittleMissDiva
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My daughter and I have just stayed here for the night and it did what we need as we were at a concert at the hydro and wanted to be near the station, The reception is in the bar are and was a bit noisy when we checked in but fine our room was clean and enough room for one nite as we were only use it to sleep in basic but clean and the en suit was lovely and clean also,I had a mishap with the shower when I put water on the shower head wasn't in fitting properly and sprung up and soaked me and the bathroom but after it was good and plenty hot water, we didn't have the breakfast so can't comment but for what I paid it did what we needed we were on third floor and only had a slight smell in lift from the Indian which I have eaten in before and is lovely, I am a regular weekend visitor to Glasgow and would stay again if price was right....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends