Artto Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
US$137
US$115
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
US$114
US$110
US$89
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$254
US$180
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
Orbitz.com
US$141
US$99
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewscentral stationbombay bluesexcellent locationlight sleeperdecent sizequiet roomone night stayreception areacity centrevisiting glasgowensuitewetherspoonshairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have to admit that prior to checking into this hotel, I was scared to go to this hotel based on some of the comments. However, I will admit I was pleasantly surprised.
Pros: Very courteous and friendly staff, the check in process was smooth, easy and quick. I had forgotten that I needed an adapter for my laptop and front desk was more than willing to give me the adapter as well as the Ethernet cable (*get back to this one later).
Room was clean and was an adequate size for one person. I had desk area and a king size bed. I had no issues with nasty smells or noise and I was on the 3rd floor. I especially liked the towel warmer and the shower had excellent water pressure. My room came with Breakfast and i loved the fact it buffet, so I could have chosen what i wanted daily.
Loved the fact, its literally step from Central station and about 5 minutes from the subway. Walking distance to shops, stores,fast food restaurants and pubs. The bus stop &Taxis are literally right outside the lobby door.

Cons: the sign on the entrance to the hotel, needs to be updated. I walked right pass it twice before I realized that was the hotel entrance. It could be that there is construction happening but a better sign would help.
The only noise that I heard from my room was the bottles when they were dumped in the trash (but this was around 1am), otherwise I was not bothered by any excess noise that affected my sleep or tranquility.
Otherwise, for the price .. this hotel is fine and I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor are best, to avoid excess noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here recently on an overnight whilst visiting friends from the area. The location of the hotel to Glasgow Central was perfect for me. The room I had was on the top floor 4. There is a lift to take you here. The only concern I had was the level of noise coming from other guests shouting during the early hours of the morning...

The bedroom overall was clean and tidy, however the bathroom was of an OK standard, but the shower basing needed cleaned and also had several cracks on the compartment. The glass provided in the bathroom and the room (even though I didn't use them) were dirty upon arrival.

I had booked through an external booking agency and the rate was OK! I will probably come back here again if I was to be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank James L
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Artto for one night, visiting friends in Glasgow. The rate was very reasonable on a night where a large number of the hotels were fully booked or considerably more expensive. The hotel itself is located next to Glasgow’s main train station in a great central location.

Initial Impressions:
The reception and bar area provides a good initial impression – modern and fresh. Staff are friendly. The lift was unnervingly shaky and noisy (I took the stairs after the first trip).

The Room:
There was a slight stale/sour smell when initially entering (window required opening). The room was VERY small – the main door not even opening fully without touching the bed. There were a number of maintenance issues – missing bulbs on the wall, bed and shaving lights, light fitting detached from roof in bathroom, shower unit chipped. See photos. The room was clean. Bed was very uncomfortable. Sound proofing in the room was poor – largely as a result of it being located near the lift, and the door having a one inch gap at its base. There was also construction noise (hammering) for a number of hours late afternoon on the day of arrival.

Other:
Opting for the stairs over the lift, it was disappointing to see that it was at times used as a storage area (which I assume would be in breach of fire regulations). On retiring for the evening there was a large laundry bag half-blocking the stairs, and by late the following morning it had still not been removed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is very well located, clean and despite having a pretty busy road right on the doorstep, we never had any noise issues. Our only complaint, is with the reception's staff (night shift). We received a call from them at 04:30 in the morning, where all we could hear was giggles and laughs.

Room Tip: Try booking the rooms facing north.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was ideal for our short stay in Glasgow because of its proximity to transport, shops and pubs. In addition, there is a superb Italian restaurant (La Lanterna) next door (didn't try the Indian attached to the hotel though). Staff helpful. The room was adequate and value for money even as a last-minute booking. No point in paying 10 quid for breakfast as there's countless cafes and coffee houses nearby. Four stars from me and I would consider staying again at the same price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple