“Decent pub in a handy location.”
Review of Rhoderick Dhu

Rhoderick Dhu
Ranked #477 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stopped in here for a drink with a group of business colleagues before we went for a meal nearby. It is a decent sized traditional style pub, which has a great selection of Scottish and British beers and lagers (Bottled and electric pumped only - no hand pulled beer) and many other drinks too.

The pub has a great, lively atmosphere, and several large screens playing several different sports. A great place for a quick drink, which is straight opposite Central Train Station, worth popping in for one if you are in the area with time to kill.

There are newer reviews for Rhoderick Dhu

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This "Auld" style traditional pub is the perfect location for meeting up for a wee natter and a few drams.
Sport of every description catered for and good traditional pub fare to chomp on.
All this at very reasonable prices "35ml" measures too with great helpful staff.
Just next to Central station so ideal for travelers.
Cant fault it. Give it a go.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

good value drinks, good atmosphere and people, wish it was open later into the night.

very close to central station

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Nice traditional Glasgow bar that we discovered by accident on our way to Central Station. Decided to have some lunch. Ordered the small portion of fish and chips from a very attentive young waiter who gave my wife and I the history of the bar. My wife ordered Lasagne with chips. Whilst waiting for our meals, we indulged in a bit of people watching. A predominately older clientele you get the feeling that they have been frequenting this "howf" for ever and can see why. Its clean, comfortable and very welcoming!

Our meals arrived and my small portion of fish and chips was very generous indeed however minus the tartare sauce as indicated on the menu. My wife approached the manager to correct this to be advised that he will fetch some immediately "babe". Soon delivered to our table was three sachets of a brand make bland tartare sauce! One would expect that if the menu indicates the meal is served with accompaniments, that they are not served in a plastic pouch! My fish was excellent as was my wife's lasagne although this dish was rather seered on top. Maybe the chef is still experimenting with his blowtorch!!! The frozen chips on both plates were just that, cold and undercooked, quite dreadful! Finish the chips off with that blowtorch chef!!!

Spoke with the manager re our disappointment and as he put his hand on my wife's shoulder to state that he will speak to the chef, he was a fortunate man to walk away with five fingers on that offending hand!!

Overall a nice bar, food poor and the manager needs to go on gender awareness training!!

2  Thank RMAC50
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great little place that I haven't been to before in this incarnation. Great atmosphere after work, reasonable prices and good layout. Service was quick and friendly. Only had drinks so can't comment on the food. Reminded me of a smaller version of the Horseshoe (local bar 5 minutes away) and I'll be visiting again soon. Worth nipping into if you're in the vicinity of Glasgow Central.