“Where hunger meats it's nemesis”
Review of Bread Meats Bread

Bread Meats Bread
Ranked #52 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gourmet Street Food
“Where hunger meats it's nemesis”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

One of the best burgers I've had and a huge variety too. Sides also great but be prepared to eat and eat lots, you'll be rolling out of there. Kids loved it too, excellent and will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Davidlham

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Food!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to give this place a shot after hearing good reviews. We were seated straight away and were given two seats next to each other looking out onto the street. Service was quick and the menu had a good variety. We had beef (medium) and chicken on our burgers however there was pulled pork and hotdogs also on offer. We also selected some sweet potato chips and onion rings for sides. The food was served relatively quickly and has to be up there with the top burgers I've ever had. It really was superb!! The sides were delicious too. No complaints with the food what so ever. The restaurant is pretty small so I'd imagine it could be quite hard to get a table at weekends / peak times. This isn't a posh restaurant and has a real rustic feel to it, chairs are stools, drinks are served in plastic glasses and plates are tin (I think). It's not somewhere to sit for hours though so I think it all works nicely. Beef burgers cost £8 upwards and soft drinks are £1.50. Overall excellent food and well worth a visit!!

4 Thank de18oy
Madrid, Spain
“Not just hamburgers”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the king of hamburgers and the emperor of chips. Not a big restaurant and always busy. But it deserves the wait. Great hamburgers and unusual chips dishes. Great flavours. To try and retry.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michele B
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Wonderful :) ”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Went on a Saturday on the recommendations of some good friends.. and was not disappointed. Had to que for it to open at 12 noon...large que of folks there, so a good sign. Order taken quickly and both had burger.. black and gold and a full house...shared poutines..classic with gravy and curds...it was Amazing..love it..well done..I smiled for the rest of the day!! Thank you x we will be back x

2 Thank MrsMuzz_43
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I popped in here today for a 'quick lunch' before a meeting and it was fairly busy. I noticed all the booths etc were occupied as was the centre table with only a couple of empty seats between people.
Albeit, I was shown to an outside seating area which the tables were painted metal type with chairs to match. I was shown the menu and asked for a beef burger with pulled pork and red slaw. I was asked how I like it cooked 'well done or medium, to which I stated 'medium'
I was brought my soft drink, but did hear another couple being advised that they do not have weekday licence for outdoor alcohol but they could at weekend....this seemed strange but I know licensing laws have changed but as I was having soft drink, it did not matter to me.

I then sat sipping my drink for a full 25 minutes with other patrons who had sat down after me being served. I eventually caught the attention of one of the staff who explained that my burger had been dropped and they were making another one. I explained that I had a time scale to adhere to and the next thing, it appeared....I found that the knife could not even cut through the roll, even though it was a so-called steak knife...I then persevered and ate the pulled pork on top only finding a few slivers of red cabbage drenched in mayonnaise sauce. The pork was lovely, but the burger was actually raw in the centre and meat was cold, Now I am no chef but to me medium would entail just a little bit of rareness to the centre but alas, this was far more than I anticipated. I also found the burger to be tasteless and the main taste was in the pulled pork and cheese which went with it.
I then ate some and had to leave, maybe I should have complained more, but as I was in a hurry as this was now two minutes till my meeting. I was offered a discount for the tardiness of the meal, but on this experience, I think I will be trying elsewhere for my quick lunch in future. I must say that the staff were apologetic but I'm sorry, first experience counts for everything.

• Visited June 2014