“Good food, excellent price, attentive service.”
Review of Jahangir Khan - CLOSED

Jahangir Khan
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We had the very reasonably priced 3 course lunch. Food was good and the waiters very very attentive- nothing was too much trouble for them . I will definately be back.

There are newer reviews for Jahangir Khan

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ordered a carry out on Friday 24th January 14 by telephone.Young lady took order but seemed to have no idea about the menu and dish I ordered. I was collecting and she said it would be ready in 5 to 10mins. I suggested she checks and was then told 20-30 mins. The main course was disappointing-lamb that was served in big,tough chunks and cold and tasteless as was the sauce with the shashlick dish. I called to complain, was asked to leave my number and the manager would return my call. Needless to say no call was returned. Very disappointing experience of this restaurant so would not be rushing back or recommend to anyone. Pity really as another Indian in Briggs would be good!

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Visited this place January 2014 it was my wife's birthday we were welcomed the place is very relaxing the staf were polite. Food is absolutely excellent it's really tasty I had chicken tikka jalfrezi mixed pakora n nan my wife had South Indian Garlic chilli n chapatti then we had ice-cream we had a good night at jahangir khan

1  Thank Johnn00
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Visisted this restaurant in Jan 2014 for dinner. Not the best restaurant experience we have ever had due to a few reasons.
On arrival we were "greeted" by a waiter who seemed to think he was hillarious making derogatorry and inappropriate "jokes" to my sister and I. This continued throughout the night and to be honest, we were dreading him coming back to the table. The decor is questionable, felt like I was in a fishbowl as it is so bright and everyone can see in. Drinks orders were wrong: asked specifically for no ice, got ice. Dad asked for a Tennants and it was conveniently 1- Not working 2- the barrel was being changed 3- Unavailable. Then got another beer which was filled with floaters. Food was very average, ordered veg pakora as i wasnt too hungry. Was presented with a plate which looked like something from a cheap kids menu; pakora and chips. The waiter thought i was "on a diet" hence the chips (ps im a size 8 but v conscious about my weight).
My dad ordered a bit of ice cream- again questionable, looked like supermarket own brand and presented in 2 strips very unappetizing.
There are no reasons why I would revisit this place.

3  Thank mclea
Reviewed 8 January 2014

When this place first opened we called in a £30 order for collection. We were told the order would take 45 mins for collection, perfectly fine we though. Well after 45 mins we arrived at Jahangir Khans for our collection, and headed our with our meal only to find our pakora and rice was missing plus our chips were freezing cold. We called up to let them know only to be asked to come back down to the restaurant to pick it up. Fine we thought till we arrived back at the restaurant to have to wait another 30 mins for our rice and pakora. Well after such a wait (we only stay a five min drive away). We explained that our food would now be cold and that we would likes complete re order of our food order. After a few grumpy exchanges they agreed to do just that. For thirty pounds we expected a better service, heated food, and generally a really nice Indian takeaway.

In saying that, last week we decided to give it another go, as we were hoping it was just a one off. Well we ordered the set menu for one, for collection. We were told the order would be ready in thirty minutes, so after that we headed down to collect our food. We waited another ten minutes when we arrived (if was a Sunday night and only two small tables were occupied). I was handed my order, eventually to ask for a new bag as I could see the curry leaking out of the container and I didn't want it leaking in our car, I gotta look for that request, and when it was returned, I asked where my nann bread was as this was included in the deal, a chap declared if I wanted a nann I'd have to pay an extra pound. I explained that i had paid, on arrival the £7.95 for the meal which on their menu, included the nann. Well, it transpired that I was given the wrong order and they mines was actually coming out. Well after another 15 min waiting, I got my order, nann included, and eventually headed for home. When we got home, I kid you not, our rice was missing! This place is a joke shop! We called up to let them know, and they requested that I come back bad collect the rice. I explained that I wouldn't, and I wanted it delivered ASAP, and a fresh new order. Well after 30 mins from that call I was called by their delivery guy explaining that he was on his way, I gotta call 10 mins later asking again for my add, he was lost. By this time I was fuming, we could not believe that this place had made the same mistake twice! I called them up to let them know ino longer wanted my meal and wanted my money back as I was now waiting for the delivery guy to find my add, the chap I spoke to said that my husband gave the wrong add when he called up to request the delivery - my husband had no contact with them whats so ever - so now they were lying through their teeth. I eventually got my money back and treated ourselves to some tea and toast.

My review is really long, but I had to explain our experience, fully. It really is unbelievable that the same thing could happen on two diff occasions. Do not waste your time/effort/money going to this place. It's just a pity after all that, that the food wasn't great either. So it really isn't worth the wait!

3  Thank H0wed