“Really brilliant food and excellent value for money!”
Review of Jahangir Khan - CLOSED

Jahangir Khan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had dinner here a few weeks ago and was very happy with the whole experience. We went in on a Saturday night and were suprised to be offered a set menu deal for only £9.95 as usually these wouldnt be valid on weekends.
The choice on this menu was really good with lots of tasty options, including dishes that ive found at other restaurants incur a supplement. My partner and I were both extremely satisfied with our food and the only downside would be that the portions were really large, so we were too full to have dessert! Not much of a complaint but the only one i can find really!!
The staff were all very friendly and the service was quick aswell.
We really couldnt believe the great value for money that this restaurant offered!!

I have also been here for lunch on a few occassions and have had similar positive experiences - will definently be visiting here again soon and would highly reccomend it!!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Delicious take away twice. Have read other reviews and don't agree with the poor scoring. There are large portions so the meal deal for one is enough for two to share. Food was served hot and there were no mistakes with the order. Would go back again :-)

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Been meaning to try for a while & decided to order a takeaway with friends.

When I first saw the menu, the thing that really caught my eye was the monkfish pakora - not something I have encountered before. Upon calling to place order we were informed there was no monkfish available. Disappointing but fair enough - perhaps not a great demand for it. Ordered king prawn pakora & fish pakora instead with a view to sharing this as a starter, plus a selection of curries & naan breads.

Order took a while (over an hour) to arrive but it was Saturday night, plus good food takes time to prepare so not a major problem. However, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when we opened up our starters & found 3 tiny 'king prawns' in batter in a large carton filled with salad. The prawns were stone cold & the portion size absolutely ridiculous. This was a bad start & had me vowing never to order from this place again. The fish pakora was also stone cold & average at best.

However, the main course curries went some way to making up for this disappointment. All were extremely tasty & hard to fault. Naan breads were also very good. Everybody enjoyed their main dishes, just a shame the starters were so poor!

If it hadn't have been for the pathetic portion of king prawn pakora & the fact both starters were stone cold I would have been happy to reward 4 stars but this unfortunately really soured my experience!

1  Thank Fraser_P
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We had the very reasonably priced 3 course lunch. Food was good and the waiters very very attentive- nothing was too much trouble for them . I will definately be back.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ordered a carry out on Friday 24th January 14 by telephone.Young lady took order but seemed to have no idea about the menu and dish I ordered. I was collecting and she said it would be ready in 5 to 10mins. I suggested she checks and was then told 20-30 mins. The main course was disappointing-lamb that was served in big,tough chunks and cold and tasteless as was the sauce with the shashlick dish. I called to complain, was asked to leave my number and the manager would return my call. Needless to say no call was returned. Very disappointing experience of this restaurant so would not be rushing back or recommend to anyone. Pity really as another Indian in Briggs would be good!