“Fantastic Resturant”

Dining options: Reservations
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Resturant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I took my Mum to lunch for her Mother's Day. The house was amazing, and the restaurant was like Downtown Abbey, quaint and different.
Billy and Lucy and all the Kitchen Staff were Fantastic. The food was Excellent and my Mum Loved the Sticky Toffee Pudding and ice cream.
THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SPECIAL FOR MY MUM.
We will be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rosemary D

Glasow
“Kids not welcome”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am a regular visitor to Pollok Park and the Burrell Collection with my 2 young children. Today, I decided to take them to the restaurant at Pollok House for lunch. The waiter was very friendly and chatted with my children (2 and half and 4 and half). The kids were well behaved and there was no fuss eating their soup, which they enjoyed. there was the usual mix of clientele in there - older people, tourists, passers by. We were nearly ready to go when the waiter informed me had received a complaint from another customer (2 elderly ladies who had tutted at the children on the way out) who had just left about the noise level from my children. While he 'didn't have a problem with it', he had to let me know. Well I was so insulted and made to feel awful that the other customer's concerns were more importnant. I paid and left. It will be the last time I come back here, with or without the kids. I spoke with another 2 customers who were not even aware of the kids making any noise. This place is run by the National Trust for Scotland and if it actively discourages families to their sites then there is a poor future for them if they rely solely on an older clientele to keep them afloat.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KLMcK
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A treat”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I've been to the restaurant often but most recently took a friend for afternoon tea. A lovely treat: yummy sandwiches, good cream scones and so many cakes we had to get a doggy bag. The surroundings are very atmospheric and we were impressed the restaurant was so busy at the end of a mid-week afternoon on a not very nice day. If I have any reservations about the house and restaurant it has to be over access: this is an old house, built before anyone thought of wheelchairs or zimmers, and may not be suitable for very elderly people. But once you're there, the house is quite beautiful. The staff and volunteers are excellent, very friendly.

• Visited April 2014