“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were visiting Pollok House and park for the first time and decided to try the restaurant for a light lunch. The soup of the day (sweet potato) was good and the portion was large. It was served with two large slices of sundried tomato bread that was delicious. Unfortunately were weren't particularly hungry because there were lots of things on the menu that I would have liked to try. Dining in the old kitchen is a lovely experience and the service was very good.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a voucher for afternoon tea at pollok house . Even though we are local , this was our first visit to the restaurant .we choose to sit out in the garden - quite plain but with very colourful trees . The tea was delicious - the scones were lovely .19 finger sandwiches - salmon and cucumber and cheese . Very big slices of cucumber though - not a favourite of mine . Meringues, brownies and coconut cake very tasty . All fresh and just a nice size selection - could have done with a bigger pot of tea though . The staff are very pleasant and the gift shops are well worth a visit . Good food in an unusual location

1  Thank suziewong101
Reviewed 25 May 2014

What has happened to the scones at Pollok House cafe? They used to use the old, classic 'Dough School' recipe and were totally delicious - all buttery and crisp with a good salty taste. I went today and was so disappointed. The scones have maybe been frozen then defrosted before being served? Pale and completely tasteless, like eating old cardboard.

1  Thank SueFromGlasgow
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I took my Mum to lunch for her Mother's Day. The house was amazing, and the restaurant was like Downtown Abbey, quaint and different.
Billy and Lucy and all the Kitchen Staff were Fantastic. The food was Excellent and my Mum Loved the Sticky Toffee Pudding and ice cream.
THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SPECIAL FOR MY MUM.
We will be back.

1  Thank Rosemary D
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am a regular visitor to Pollok Park and the Burrell Collection with my 2 young children. Today, I decided to take them to the restaurant at Pollok House for lunch. The waiter was very friendly and chatted with my children (2 and half and 4 and half). The kids were well behaved and there was no fuss eating their soup, which they enjoyed. there was the usual mix of clientele in there - older people, tourists, passers by. We were nearly ready to go when the waiter informed me had received a complaint from another customer (2 elderly ladies who had tutted at the children on the way out) who had just left about the noise level from my children. While he 'didn't have a problem with it', he had to let me know. Well I was so insulted and made to feel awful that the other customer's concerns were more importnant. I paid and left. It will be the last time I come back here, with or without the kids. I spoke with another 2 customers who were not even aware of the kids making any noise. This place is run by the National Trust for Scotland and if it actively discourages families to their sites then there is a poor future for them if they rely solely on an older clientele to keep them afloat.

1  Thank KLMcK