Glasgow 2014 brought me to the PI at Cambuslang.
As I didn't manage to get any tickets until Oct 2013 the little accommodation left in and around central Glasgow was ridiculously pricey so I paid £567 for a 3 night stay FRI - MON on the last weekend in July.
The hotel is ideally located for those coming from the south just by J2 of the M74 and we found it really quickly, you can actually see it from the motorway (hotel website directions were spot on)
It is also near both city centre route bus stops (10- 15 min walk) and the train station (15-20 min walk) and we found that using google maps and the traveline Scotland app meant we could leave the car parked up all weekend. We also managed to walk into the city on Saturday morning which took us about 45 mins at a reasonably brisk pace and we are not athletes!
This is a standard PI but the things which made it very good were:-
1) Helpful staff on reception - friendly and knowledgeable about the local area and they had bothered to put a large board with loads of "Games " information. They also called taxis for you if you needed one.
2) It was very hot that weekend and they had sheets available in reception should you find that the duvet was too warm
I am still a fan of PI!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're a captain of industry there's no better place to stay than Premier Inn Hotel Glasgow Cambuslang, with so many business venues nearby. Or if you're just majoring on the fun, you'll find plenty of that too, with tourist attractions and sports facilities that rank as some of the nation's best. Set sail for some great football action at Celtic Park or Ibrox. Or take a different tack and spend the day at a convention at the SECC. Drop anchor at the Hydro to hear a band or catch a show. Then come back to the original port of call, with a lovely tasty meal at our restaurant, and a great night's sleep in a comfy bed. We're just off junction 2A on the M74 motorway and our friendly team are here waiting with a warm welcome and we are eager to make sure that you get the best night's sleep. So come and visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Premier Inn and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow (Cambuslang/M74, J2A) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow (Cambuslang/ m74, Jct 1) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow (Cambuslang/M74, J2A) Hotel Scotland