“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Premier Inn lived up to their promises. Clean, comfortable and convenient. In addition the staff were excellent, one of the friendliest hotels I have been in, full marks to Pauline who served breakfast, she and her colleagues made it a trip to remember. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Excellent location for pretty much any part of Glasgow. Brilliant stopover if you are heading furthe...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had a great comfy stay . Staff were amazing . Go stay and enjoy . We got a very friendly greeting and the staff went through everything with us the dinner lunch and breakfast . The room was fresh clean with extra soft pillows. The Next day the receptionist suggested that we go see the transport museum which we did and really enjoyed .The hotel was excellent value for money and I will def be back

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My Friend and I went for a meal To the Black Bear Beefeater. Have to say the food we got was excellent. Massive drawback was the first impression when I was asked what I would like to drink at the Bar with my meal by a staff member who will remain unnamed. It went something like this- Me:"do you have any milkshakes?" staff(sneering):" naw, eh you want one of those and Mcdonalds is round the corner, he!"
There was also a totally rude female at the bar joining in with the mocking of a customer who made a legitimate request, not that it was any of her business. I had to walk away from the bar in disbelieve. Out of order!!!! There were also children welcome so I know when I was a kid I loved milkshakes so I presume they were not available to them either. Poor first impressions and no apologies. I would not go here to get the bad stuff of the staff again. Shocking behavior to someone spending hard earned cash. All I can say is I am Glad I was not a Guest of the Hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Piperlaird84
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Glasgow East Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we have failed to achieve this. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will ensure this is followed up with the Management Team. Thank once again for taking the time to leave your review.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Booked to stay here whilst attending a wedding. Booked 2 nights to ensure immediate access to our room on arrival (about 11am) as travelling with a small baby. No problems on arrival. Spacious room with the cot already set up for us. The staff in hotel and restaurant were all lovely during our stay.

We got back about 8pm and once the baby was asleep, one of us went to restaurant, who although don't offer room service were more than happy to tin foil our plates to take back to the room, which was a great help. The bed was comfy and the room had a fairly large sofa too.

Had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. Overall, the food was very good quality and very well priced for both dinner and breakfast. Only paid £44 for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) so we couldn't complain for the price...... will stay again if I can even get close to that rate.

Parking is also free and we had no trouble finding a space.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Premier inns are my favourite one night stopovers. This one was excellent. The room is large, newly furnished, and very comfortable. As always the bed is large and extremely comfortable. Love the firm and soft pillow choice. Bathroom was good size and well lit. Water was very hot, but with poor pressure. There was a 32inch flat screen TV (Samsung) great picture. Adjoining pub was welcoming, with good choice of food and drink. The only time I would avoid staying in Premier Inns in the UK would be in hot weather, as there is no A/C and windows only open slightly.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Really nice surprise, excellent value, great food, lovely staff and a great price on the advance booking. We found the hotel easily from the motorway and were given a warm welcome by the receptionist. The room was great, spotless and warm. Food in the Beefeater attached was really very good, nice steak and a good selection of beers all at reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My third visit here - rooms are all the usual PI standard although they do boast large flat screen TV's - staff all smiley & friendly.

I've always enjoyed my dinners here, but can't find a time when breakfast is right. On this visit I had two breakfasts - one I was brought sausage instead of bacon & the 2nd morning the room opened late (only about 5 mins) and the only option on egg was "scrambled".

This PI (and there are quite a few in the area) is perfectly situated for Hamilton and Glasgow and ideal for the motorway network - I may just try GLASGOW (Bellshill) PREMIER INN next time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank Elli.b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel
City Centre
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
South Side
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow East Hotel? Share your experiences!