“Cant really go wrong with Premier Inn's” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow Stepps (M80, J3) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cant really go wrong with Premier Inn's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hotel is located about 20 mins from Glasgow, but perfect for us visiting family in Bishopbriggs.
Breakfast is self service which is great , kids eat free
Rooms clean - good family room -enough space & at least you know what to expect with Premier Inn's

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Melanie R, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow Stepps (M80, J3) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thanks for your review. It's great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at Premier Inn Glasgow North East. It remains our objective to provide a high standard of service and we're so pleased you feel we achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn very soon. Thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hereford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Was doing a John O Groats to Lands End Charity bike ride. We were on day 3 going south and a very helpful lady at Stepps had said it was no problem at all to store our 4 bikes over night safely, however on arrival and after 10 hours cycling we were told it was not possible, even to have them in our rooms due to can you believe it Health & Safety reasons. The member who staff who claims she was the manager of the establishment was rude and totally unhelpful. Our saviour was the pub next door who went out of their way to help us store the bikes in their cellar. They wanted to help, the manager at Premier Inn was successful in making me so cross, and I have never been so angry at a lack of customer focus. There was plenty of places to put our bikes as a one off the be helpful

4 Thank Nic S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Glasgow Stepps (M80, J3) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner and 2 young children for 4 nights from Friday - Monday as we were home for a family occasion being held near by.

I had initially booked for 2 nights but on the day we arrived we decided we would stay for an extra 2 days. I had made an error with my initial online booking and had only booked for 2 adults, I did phone ahead and was advised we had a family room so wpuldn't be an issue for kids. And it wasn't. We were given a triple room. Room was clean if perhaps a bit smaller than other family rooms I've stayed in, found a couple of hairs in bath but think more likely to be from staff who cleaned the room than a previous customer as everything else was clean and tidy.

When I asked tge receptionist if I could book next 2 nights she advised cheaper to do online. Bit inconvenient as would have preferred it to ve done there and then but as there's free 30 minute WiFi I promptly went to our room and booked for next 2 nights, this time I included the kids and asked for family room with a corned.

For the first night we borrowed a cotbed from family but we had to take that back the next day as my 4 month old daughter was staying with my parents. I assumed it wasn't an issue as we'd booked separately for the suns/mond with a cotbed.

We did get back to hotel (after a late night and ended up staying with family) just at checkout time. When I explained we were staying under a different booking, the receptionist advised they'd kept us in same room. As me and my partner were a bit worse for wear, we were happy with this, however at the time I didn't even think to mention the cotbed. After picking up my children from my parents and returning later that evening I asked the new receptionist if the cotbed had already been put in room, she advised after checking we hadn't booked one. I had the confirmation on my phone that I had. My partner checked the room and there wasn't one in there. It turned out that when we were kept in the same room, they had for some reason changed the booking from 2 adults + 2 kids to 2 adults and a child , with no cotbed! The receptionist advised there weren't any. I didn't argue and in the end I drove the 10 miles to my parents at 9pm to pick up the cotbed. Just as well really we were near enough to do that as inconvenient as it was, to add to that there was a notice at reception saying the receptionist was helping with another guest. When I got back she advised she'd managed to locate one via the housekeeper. A bit too late really although I do appreciate she made the effort. If I'd thought there would have been any chance of me not having to drive a 20 mile round trip I would have waited but from my earlier conversation with receptionist, I was basically told there was no cotbed and I should have mentioned it to the receptionist earlier in the day. Lack of communication perhaps although I do feel a bit hard done to.

Apart from that, it's a comfortable, clean hotel with helpful staff and we will return with our own cotbed next time!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologise for the confusion caused with regards to your booking. Please be assured that your comments will be investigated and action will be taken to prevent your experience from being repeated. Thank you once again for your review, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for wedding in Glasgow - Do not be fooled to think it is close - it takes minium of 20 minutes to get anywhere close, there is nothing near by apart from the brewers fair.
Staff Rude,
Noisy Rooms with people smoking outside,
Asked for a vegtarian meal for the kids and given a Bacon and Cheese.
Not offered any compensation or money back,
was so bad we just cheked out

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 007Haz
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Berkhamsted
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose this Premier Inn on the recommendation of those who suggested the location is great when touring (it is) & the car park safe (absolutely - particularly if you have a lot of stuff you don't want to take to the room). The local receptionist was fantastic - we got a recommendation on where to eat and drink in the city and all the help we needed with the rail service. The service isn't great on weekends at the moment (July 2013) but there was a replacement bus service which worked OK and meant we had a tour of the East End as we went in and out of the city. The only problem and for me it was a problem is the seagull roost at night. In the hot weather we had to have the window open and there were hundreds of screaching, fighting gulls all night on the roof of the adjacent industrial park. I can't think what the Premier Inn can do about this, but if you really need a good nights sleep - don't choose Stepps. There was quite a bit of noise before 6am when the drivers in the lorry section of the car park were on their way, too. Just my observations.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chillBerko
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn to attend a family function in Kirkintilloch. It was extremely well serviced by its staff who were, without exception helpful and polite. Some other patrons could have learned from them, but you can't legislate for ignorance or lack of manners.
Our family room on the ground floor was clean and spacious and the beds for our daughters still left adequate floor space to move around.
Contrary to some previous reviews re the Brewers Fayre attached, we found the staff again very helpful, polite and many were happy to have some banter with us. The kids playpark was also an added bonus which allowed me to pack in peace!! An Extra bonus is that 2 children under 16 eat free to every one adult having a full cooked breakfast ....doesn't get better value.
This hotel is only 10 mins walk from a train station which on took 15 mins to get into Glasgow Queen Street for a look round that wonderful city, again with the kids travelling free.
All in all, it's a great base, amenities including a 24 our supermarket within 5 mins drive, and well worth the money.

Room Tip: Book breakfast as it is wel used by locals too.
1 Thank MarsieW
Many thanks for your lovely review. We were delighted to read your comments, its fantastic to hear that we contributed towards making your stay at Premier Inn Glasgow North East so wonderful. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This Premier Inn is by no means the most central one I've stopped in. However, it's location even if you are not driving is perfectly adequate for public transport. Connections to and from Glasgow are good. You have a choice of a train from Stepps station about 10 to 15 minutes walk. The area between the station is perfectly safe, quiet, mix of middle class residential and business park . Alternatively a two or three minutes walk from the hotel is a bus stop where it will take you about 30 minutes into the city centre.

Very much a standard Premier Inn from the minute you walk in. Check-in receptionist was very friendly explaining about catering. Room was absolutely fine and no faults at all. Bathroom whilst by no means the worst I've had, was showing a few signs of wear and tear. The room was on the ground floor and facing onto the car park. But even with the window open at night there was no sound from passing traffic. The only noises were quite faint coming through the (thin) plasterboard walls.

You can eat dinner on site but you'll end up in a very characterless Brewers Fayre which is adjacent to the hotel. However breakfast the next morning was absolutely fine. Despite ordering a vegetarian sausage it came to the table so late I had eaten everything else from the cooked breakfast buffet. As a gesture, the member of staff who took the order charged me just for the continental option (£5.25) instead of the full rate (£8 .25).

So if like me you are looking for a bargain when Central Glasgow hotels are expensive, this place is a perfectly good alternative.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our clean hotel, helpful friendly staff and facilities met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in all our establishments and your feedback helps us focus on doing this. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the future.