“Won't be back”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Visited a friend and she suggested we try here as prices looked good. A mistake. Found when we were in that it was a community cafe. Had to wait ages for soup and paninis while staff chatted and when they arrived was really disappointed. We won't be back. Not as good as others in the area. What do-gooder thought this would be a good idea. The other cafes in the area obviously have to make a living and I don't know what benefit this place is to the local community undercutting local traders.

5  Thank meandutrips

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Visited with four friends and had a lovely lunch of soups, paninis and some lovely cake and coffee to follow. Same price for five of us as two people in the city centre and a more relaxing experience. Under new management that is keen to find what works and change things to make customers want to come back.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My friend and I popped in here for a cuppa the other day which neither of us really enjoyed. Was surprised at some of the glowing reviews when I checked later as I really thought it was nothing much to write home about. There are other places nearby which are much nicer - Cherry & Heather and Bite Me! for example. Won't be returning.

1  Thank Pekkala
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My friend was hosting a get together this weekend and suggested that we pop to the Kinning Perk for brunch.

We were given a lovely warm welcome by the ladies who were serving. They were very helpful and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

I chose the bacon roll and wasn't expecting much as the price was less than £2. It had loads of bacon and was really tasty, I was really impressed. My friends had other items from the menu and we all agreed that it was delicious.

On top of the great service and good food with an equally good price, the cafe itself was very bright and airy with some fabulous art on the walls. Everything looked very clean and fresh.

Really couldn't fault the cafe at all, highly recommend it for a cuppa or brunch.

Thank you to the ladies who made it such a lovely place to spend some time!

1  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A great wee find while waiting for my car being serviced round the corner! The last time I passed it was a truly avoidable 'greasy spoon' but now it is a comfortable, spotless and bright coffee shop with range of coffees and teas to choose from. Free wi-fi was a bonus and I was delighted to discover it is run by a local church. I'll be back!

1  Thank TheTheologian