“excellent”

easyHotel Glasgow City
Ranked #91 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here for my daughters 21 night out in Glasgow, the room was basic but clean and very comfortable. The shower was one of the best features. Excellent value for money and friendly staff. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisa l

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean and silent, the room are small it's difficoult if you have baggage to find a place to keep your case open or to recharge the mobile,on the other hand the price is really low and the location is very central! I've been a couple of time and now it is my first choice when I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank andrea b
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here last month for one night and got an excellent rate for the room. It was small (as expected), very clean and with no window (not a problem) until I realised it was so hot I could hardly breath! Went down to reception twice and asked if the heating could be turned down or off and was told they would do that. Nothing happened so I spent a very uncomfortable night on top of the bed with the door jammed open to let some of the marginally cooler air in from the corridor. There was a bit of noise from some party goers coming and going throughout the night but that really wasn’t such a big issue, just the temperature was unbearable. Staff were friendly, location central and I have no other complaints but would not return as, after all, the main point of staying at a hotel for me is to sleep. I am a frequent traveller to Glasgow and would happily use this establishment regularly but if the heating problem isn’t sorted out then sorry, I’ll have to give it a miss. Stayed at an Easyhotel in Berlin for a week recently and it was fantastic, just such a shame the Glasgow branch can’t up the game a wee bit as it is an excellent budget hotel in every other way.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BogsideBunny
Reviewed 30 March 2014

On arrival, the receptionist was pleasant. I booked 2 twin rooms with windows. My friends parted for their room and we went to ours. I opened the door and closed it immediately without entering, as I had been given a double room instead of a twin. We went back to reception to alert the receptionist who got someone else to deal with our query. A gentleman stated that the hotel was fully booked, but he would try and do something. He went to check on a room for us - returned to say he found us a twin room. Great we thought! We were given room 202.

On entering the room, my friend and I just stared at each other in disbelief. I was aware prior that the rooms were small, but had no idea how small!! A walk in cupboard comes to mind. The bathroom you couldn't swing a cat in - and we couldn't get the shower to work. We went to see our friends twin room and that was double the size. On complaining to reception, they said if you book a twin and want a bigger room, ask for a corner room. Going by the website (and how difficult to contact anyone) I can't see anyone having the option to ask for a corner room.

There are no tea/coffee facilities. No access to the TV, unless you pay for the remote control(?!?!) which we were given free for our inconvenience. Nowhere to put your items - ours were left on the little floor space. There are 2 coat hooks on the wall - that was it! The window didn't open and the room was hot. On a more positive note, the bedding was spotless and so was the room. Great location ... but I'm afraid that's it. We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room in order to get some space
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maz270371
Reviewed 28 March 2014

easy hotel is placed really central in glasgow,small rooms but really clean and handy! prices are really good but if u book in advance u can get them for much better price! 24 hour reception,very helpful and polite stuff and the best manager ever, michelle, providing u all the info u need plus discount coupons for restaurants! yes the heat is sometimes very hot, but if u tell them to turn it down they ll do immediately!! would be staying there again definately!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alex m
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was pretty unsure about booking here because it was so cheap but luckily it was better than expected! The rooms are really really tiny but clean. The reception staff were very friendly and easy to chat to. This hotel is really near city centre and easy to walk. Bathroom was tiny and did come across an issue when the shower curtain wasnt shut properly water leaked into the room but we were warned of this on arrival and it was moped up really quickly! We didnt spend much time in the hotel so it was perfect for what we were looking for! Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel was hot so i would book one with a window and be sure to tell reception if your too hot be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivia-Jane1994
Reviewed 20 March 2014

stayed here last night, Nice welcoming reception team. cute little rooms. small but very clean with compact shower/toilet.
will definately be back.