“Great for the money - would definitely stay again!”

easyHotel Glasgow City
Ranked #94 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Great for the money - would definitely stay again!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed with a friend for one night. For what we paid (£23 all in) it was great! Took a while to get someone to buzz us in to start with but it was good that it was secure. We got a room on the top floor, which was pretty small but really clean and modern. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but wasn't really an issue. The only big issue was how warm it got at night! A bit of temp control would have been nice... And a later check out! 10am when you're hungover on a Sunday is not fun!! The location is fairly central, but not bang in the middle of town - bit of a walk from central station. All in all, it was a pretty good stay and excellent value.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
west midlands
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Checked in no problems room very small ok to get your head down had no towels and someone else's leftover can. Cleaning could be better as not alot to clean. Went to a wedding the 2nd day of our stay returned early hours of morning key stopped working waited ages in reception till man came with his mouth full of crossiant no apology re programmed key still not working had to go back this time ok.All ok for a budget stop over but could be so much better.

• Stayed May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here with my partner last weekend.....first of all after waitn ten minutes to check in we finally get our room card....goes to the 4th floor only to find it didn't work.....after going all the way back down I was told by receptionist I wasn't doing it properly.....so went back up...and nope it still didn't work....only this time went I went back down the receptionists had disappeared.....after waiting ten minutes they reappeard stinking of smoke.....they had actually went for a cigarette .....at this point another guy was complaining he had booked a room with a window......to be told well sorry there's nothing I can do......and when I said about my card one actually huffed and puffed.....she went up and even she didn't get it to work.....buy this time we had waited 40mins.....no sorry or nothing from her.....just a stench of smoke.....we were so angry.....but having been traveling I thot I just need to lie down......the room was tiny....to my horror there was urine stains on the toilet....on further inspection there was hair on the room floor.....we stripped the bed and found blood stains....buy this point I said to my partner.....I'm not staying here another minute.....I was that angry I just left and thot I will send an email of complaint to easy about my experience ....on leaving yet again she was out smoking and to my horror she said she was the manager and please go on to trip advisor and leave us a review.....we were stunned.....I have got photos of which I took of the room....once I upload my camera I will send the pictures....we managed to get a room next door in the travel lodge for an extra few pounds and couldn't fault it....more experienced and understanding staff too....so don't even waste your money and time going to this place

Room Tip: Would not give it 1/10
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M0zza1
Brighton, England
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed recently with a pal - a leisure trip for the weekend. We booked this hotel as a) we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in it, b) it was cheap (£38 per night for the room), c) it is very central.

We weren't disappointed with our small twin room as knew what to expect from previous reviews. However, the toilet had remnants of the previous occupant and the room was cold. The manageress (who was the only one in the building on that Saturday) was unable to warm the room (heating works on a block system so is hard to adjust to individual rooms) or sort out the toilet but did a great job of putting us in other rooms. We ended up with a double room each which was great as each was a large corner room (usually for disabled access). Bed was comfy and clean - had a good nights sleep - minor noise from people entering rooms nearby.

So overall we were satisfied with the whole experience, especially the great attitude from the manageress who did everything in her power to help - impressive customer care, thank you.

Would consider staying here again if with a pal. Would opt for something more plush for a romantic break. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LindaBBrighton
Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Went into reception and the receptionist was the rudest most unwelcoming receptionist I've ever met turns out it was the manager. As I couldn't check in or leave luggage when I was able to 2 months before I said to my girlfriend on way out "I'm going have to go all the way back to car now with the bags" to my amazement the manager came running out the reception room shouting and balling nothing but abuse - crazy women I will never go back !!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mckenna29
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Easyhotel is an honest and simple option if you don't care about space. There is no surprise. You take exactly what you hire at the website. My impression was good but I don't recommend if you have plan to stay more than one night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arnaldogalvao
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I'd stayed in the Edinburgh easyHotel so I knew what I was in for when I booked a single room with no window. The room is very small but clean with towels (smelling of vinegar) and complementary liquid soap in the tiny shower. I was there for one night and this suited my needs. Not far from the motorway exit, easyHotel Glasgow is opposite a 24 hour parking garage (cost me 6.10 pounds for 4pm-9am) and five minutes walk from the main shopping area. There is also a very good fish and chip shop across the road. And the building has a lift so no carrying your suitcase up stairs. If you like even a little luxury in your hotel then this isn't for you. But if you want a central safe, convenient bed for the night then give it a go.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo