“Glasgow”

easyHotel Glasgow City
Ranked #92 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here overnight in June was very nervous bout staying because of previous reviews .have to say it was very clean and the girl who checked is in was very nice. We were on the fourth floor which was very quiet another in our party was on floor beneath and found it very noisy, the corridor was bit scruffy outside and and the window didn't open which I thought strange after paying ten pounds extra for it!! Will stay there again it grand for one or two nights but not longer! It great value for money

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a room with window.
I didn't care about the size of the room and I didn't care about being in a nice hotel or complementary things, I knew it was cheap and I thought I knew what to expect, but was offered a window and I don't call a piece of glass stuck in the wall, a window!
The whole point of a window is that I can open it!
These windows do not open. To me that means no window. I don't care that I can see outside, I need to open a window to be fine.
They should warn the customers at the moment of booking that "room with window" does not mean "you will be able to open the window".
I suffer of mild claustrophobia and this was very unsettling. I had to force myself to calm down and remind myself it's all in my head but I will definetly not go to an easyhotel again after this holiday.
I am very easygoing when I want to save money in hotels, I stayed in travelodge, F1 and I'm not even bothered about sharing toilets but if I book a room with a window I demand to have a window, not a piece of glass stuck in the wall.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank prinsessem
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms reflect the price at Easy Squeezy Hotel. For £39 I got; a small room; a small uncomfortable bed; no window; and a small shower room where you could brush your teeth, go to the toilet and shower at the same time. I wasn't expecting anything more.

It's okay if you are only staying one night and what somewhere cheap. Which is why I booked there. However I didn't sleep - the bed was small and mattress hard. Plus the walls are paper thin!!

Tip: Don't bother with the extras. It's easy to turn the TV on at source. Plus the rooms are small so you don't have to left the bed to reach the TV!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Cheap, cheerful but nothing more. I must have had the most uncomfortable bed in the world. That aside, it is typical of all the other Easyhotels. A bed and a pod like shower room and thats it. If you want thrills and spills then this isn't for you. But for £25 what do you really expect? Location is excellent and I found the reception girl quite friendly. The hotel has a very bizarre layout on the inside and did throw up a few security issues for me. Reception is on the first floor but the lift and stair can go right up to the bedroom floors meaning anyone could potentailly just walk around the place. There's a few bars, restaurants and loads of shops nearby and its 4 min walk from the bus station. Ideal for a one night stay but I wouldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have nothing to speak about room and the location, because both are good. The staffs are a bit rough and you can not go up to the front desk for a minute before the time of check-in, or will be sent back to the first floor. The mobile was no signal inside the room we stayed in, being very far away and all you want to pay (remote control, internet), should be done online, with card, because the property does not work with cash.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jéssica P
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed in Easyhotel Glasgow 30/06/14
Central location
My double room was really clean with fresh fluffy towels laid on bed bathroom immaculate
Very friendly staff
5 mins walk to bus station
10 min to train station
Stayed in hotel across street 6 months ago. This place beats it hands down
Def going back already booked again for next month

Room Tip: Got a room on 4th floor Very quiet up there
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robindel1993
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here twice now and its a great cheap option for a night out in Glasgow.
The rooms are small but it clearly states that when booking so no problem for me. They were exceptionally clean and towels were bright white and decent quality.
Bathroom is not great, a bit like an aeroplane but again you get what you pay for.
Only thing I didn't like about the beds were the rubber protectors under the sheets. I can understand why but it doesn't make the most comfortable sleep. We had a room with a window but unfortunately this doesn't open so the room was really stuffy. I now know temperature can be controlled at reception so this wouldn't put me off.
We had a room that faced the street at the front which was a little noisy but didn't stop me sleeping.
The walls are thin and you do get a lot of door banging etc. Our room was right opposite the cleaners tea room and there was a lot of noise from that too while they waited on people checking out.
Cafe across the road was great value at £1.20 for a bacon roll. Nice place to sit it for breakfast.
Parking is straight over the road and £9.20 for overnight stay. Again good for City Centre.
Good location for walking into shops.
Staff were friendly although reception doesn't seem to be manned at all times.
At £49 for a twin room with a window on a Saturday night its a great option if you are only looking for somewhere to sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends